Our holiday in 2022

Starting at Gatwick Airport to Bergen and back from Reykjavik to Gatwick (12 Days)

3 Likes

Wow, that looks good, have a fantastic time :+1::flight_departure:

I’ve always wanted to go but I’ve been told things are very expensive when you get there?

Are those mostly flights between destinations?

look forward to seeing your photos Speedy.Enjoy

No we fly to Norway then cruise and fly back from Iceland.

Maree yes very expensive

the company we are going with everything is included such as site seeing etc, As we have already been to Flam-Alesund and Geiranger with another company on their inclusive day trips Sue and I will possible book alternatives to what they may arrange

well that is the holiday paid for in full today. got to book excursions we want to go on as well as the included in cost ones. Having paid it feels that much closer to going now. I have book my 4th covid vaccination ( for over 75’s) just also make sure the vaccination requirements are met for the holiday now

1 Like

Which travel company do you go with Speedy?

Viking travel company. This is expensive holiday but really to celebrate 50 years of marriage so splashed out quite a bit on it. For example Sue wants to do THE GOLDEN CIRCLE in ReykjavĂ­k, Iceland @
ÂŁ161 Per Person which is extra
Includes

Witness otherworldly, spellbinding landscapes as you tour the fabled “Island of Fire and Ice.” Iceland’s volcanic and glacial activity make it one of the world’s most dramatic spots for unspoiled splendor. You will drive with your guide to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Thingvellir National Park, where Iceland’s first national assembly was founded in 930 AD. Visit this Viking site, then continue to Gullfoss to marvel at the “Golden Falls,” the nation’s most famous waterfall, as it plunges into Hvítá Canyon. Next, you will stop in the Haukadalur geothermal area to witness the eruption of the Strokkur geyser. After a delicious lunch, drive across the Hellisheiði mountain plateau, blanketed with postglacial lava fields. Back in Reykjavík, enjoy sweeping views of the city from here before returning to your ship.

And this is just one of the days of the holiday

What an adventure for you and Sue, RS. Happy travels when you go.

Hope it’s not the Moderna as I was ill for ages after having had 3 Pfizer then getting a Moderna for my 4th.

Fingers crossed for you.

Wow this certainly does look like the holiday of a lifetime RS. When are you going?

Bathsheba
Won’t say when we are going apart from later on this year for home security reasons.

1 Like

Wise decision RS, as there have been many incidents where insurance companies refuse to pay out for house burglaries if they can show that the owners have shared on social media that they’re going to be away.

Think you have misunderstood my post . Moderna is the 4th vaccine not the name of a cruise ship.

:upside_down_face: don’t know why I find this funny … sorry @Octogen

1 Like

I chuckled at this too…! :joy:

1 Like

Guess it is when you think about it. :wink:

1 Like