Orca imprisoned for 50 years

We do terrible things to animals

1 Like

I hope someone keeps an eye on her for a while, until she adjusts. 50 years is a long time, but I’m glad she is finally getting her chance to live.

2 Likes

Poor thing it’s probably forgotten how to speak Orca .

1 Like

I think it’s very sad that they are allowed to keep a wild animal in captivity like this, Zoos are awful as well, fair enough if they are endangered species, but this killer whale isn’t endangered species as far as I know, it’s all for money and entertainment, all the time there is a demand to watch this poor whale perform tricks and other stuff, it will continue, this is my own opinion on the matter in hand.

I hope you have a free and happy life ahead of you, Ocra,:heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

The article is dated March, so what happened ?

Lolita the Captive Orca May Never See Freedom as Health Decline Continues (newsweek.com)

Dated May 2022…I can’t find anything later than that.

Also I found another article about a different Orca called Corky who SeaWorld are refusing to release despite petitions for freedom. Her brother and sister are still swimming wild in the seas.
Fight to reunite Orca with family after being held captive in tank for 50 years - Mirror Online

I really don’t like us humans.

1 Like

Ive also looked and cant see it being released …Imagine letting it back in the ocean after almost its hole life, that would kill it with shock. Poor animal

1 Like

I really agree with you, I’m not sure its even wise after so long…surely it would be institutionalised and unable to cope. But then there are stories of captive Orca’s being driven demented with rage/depression because of their captivity. Its so sad…just leave them alone. I certainly wouldn’t pay to go and see one splashing around a pool :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

My kids have had, over the years lots of “pets” and its very cruel, most not even from this country So I agree, leave them where they belong and go visit the animals in there own home …Carefully

1 Like

I agree and will it be able to fend for itself …its never had to hunt for food or look after itself…I think its too late to release him sad as it is :frowning:

1 Like