Optical illusions - is this car orange or yellow?

In case you are bored trying to figure this out here is a relevant detour :grin: Drivers of orange cars are optimistic about their driving ability. Drivers of yellow cars are observant and careful on the road.

Driving Style : If you are in a Silver car you are likely to have a cool, in control driving style, not easily flustered by the behaviour of other road users around you.
Yes, that just about sums me up :+1::innocent::grin:

Tangerine, anyone?

Satsuma please :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I see yellow. Compare it with the colour of the reply and other buttons you click on which are orange.

It’s both … yellow and orange.

Peep at the top of the cars roof and it’s yellow but once you scroll down it changes to orange as you go.

What does the colour of your car say about you?

It says that that colour was the one available free of charge when I bought the car. :wink:

Metallic Grey:

The colour grey is associated with psychological neutrality, reflecting stability and reliability. It indicates a mature and dignified person. The driver of a grey car will not want to stand out in any way, but will have a quiet strength.

Driving Style : Those in a grey car will be safe and responsible drivers, unlikely to show any road rage or erratic driving behaviour that may draw other road users’ attention.

Exactly right. My car is titanium grey.

Come to think of it it reminds me of lenticular art … which can be done digitally.
Take a few shots of the same car in various gradient shades of yellow to orange and then digitally merge them, as they used to do in the old days with those little books that you flipped so the pages turned quickly to make the image move.

How funny. The vote went from an orange majority to a yellow majority.

I can only see one color. I thought everyone would be voting the same and wondered why there was a split in that Twitter poll. :joy:

I wonder how many things there are like this in life where we all assume everyone is seeing the same thing but they aren’t. :thinking:

My reasoning too, however I would have bought a white car anyway, in this climate it seems daft to have any other colour.

Having said that both my sons have black cars which has to be the worst colour to have but they seem to think it is “cool”. ironic eh?

1 Like

Colour psychology for cars?
I wonder if it follows that red car owners have more accidents, tend to go over the speed limit and have to watch out for road rage?

I had a magic black one, too. It was free of charge… :wink:

It’s not just seeing different things but also saying and understanding things. What somebody may intend to say is not necessarily what others understand.
1.Meant?
2.Said?
3.Heard?
4.Understood?

1 Like

I think it’s more yellow than orange. Orange should be darker with more red added.

1 Like

For sure that adds even more complexity to the challenges of communication.

1 Like

Yes we all have different brain wiring. Broadly similar in some cases but vastly different in others.

1 Like

Just to confuse matters we don’t know if we are looking at the same colours anyway.

1 Like

If it’s anything like the blue dress it will change colours if you look at it long enough. I just had another look and now I think, hmm maybe orange…

1 Like