One thousand acres of land, what would you do with it?

I would create a 200 acre lake and plant wetlands plants as a haven for birds and turtles.
I would also plant 50,000 native trees. It would become a sanctuary for wildlife. Foxes, rabbits and feral cats would be kept out.

1 Like

a woodland , a log cabin, ,in another part it would be a japanese garden with a large wooden
pagoda…

So much one could do with 1000 acres. Peaceful Japanese Garden would be wonderful

Until 18 months ago I lived on a small New Forest farm for almost 30 yrs , we grew a hay crop .
I would regularly spot deer hiding in the long grass .
Foxes and badgers were frequent visitors.

Yes I think I would rewild

1 Like

Sounds idyllic. We need more land reverted back to it’s natural state.

1 Like

I would just love it :grinning:

1 Like

Build houses on it.

3 Likes

AND people!

1 Like

Whatabout a golf course? You couldn’t trump that. :grinning:

2 Likes

Farm it.

1 Like

Rewild it

Create a lake for wild swimming, paddle boarding and water sports without engines

Create cycle, horse and walking trails

Play areas for the children and adult play areas and OAP outdoor gyms

Build a cabin by the lake

Live in the city and visit it now and then!

1 Like

That all sounds perfect. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bretrick For me, it would all depend on the land’s location and it’s prevailing climate.

1 Like

I would have a fishing lake put in and static caravans on site,a large play area with a lido ,washing facilities,a shop and a cafe.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to set some land aside for touring caravan and motorhome hardstanding’s. There is a strong market for such pitches and good money to be made👍

1 Like

We did - three thousand sheep.

2 Likes

I’d try my hand at farming!

1 Like

I’d be bloody selfish!
First and foremost build a house imbued with the horrors of the past … the rest might follow.

MV5BMTY0NzU0NjM0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTc1ODM2.V1

1 Like

I’d sell it. I wouldn’t know what to do with that much land. I would leave it to people who knew how to handle that stuff. I’m not much of a country person to that level.

1 Like

Rewild it…but save a little corner for a log cabin so the family can enjoy it

1 Like