One Minute Silence

How many members have just observed the One Minutes Silence…?

5 Likes

:+1: Yes

3 Likes

Good on yer…
:+1:

Yes……

2 Likes

Yes I did, I was washing the car when it came on the radio, I stood in silence for 1 minute

2 Likes

Why only 1 minute?
Isn’t it usually a Two Minute Silence?

Yes, followed by two minutes tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Yes a time to reflect

2 Likes

Yes, I was putting the washing on the line at that moment.

1 Like

Absolutely.

1 Like

Im in silence most days,I live by myself.

2 Likes

I walked the youngsters along to the War Memorial (3/4 mile away) and there we observed with others Two Minutes Silence in gratitude for those who gave up their lives or limbs so that we could live.

1 Like

Yes , while my neighbour continued doing his DIY banging and drilling !

1 Like

Pah! one minute’s silence is for pussies. I was silent all of the morning until I had a quick chat with the microwave mid arvo, oh, and my son rang me in the evening.

Even my senior’s club has a minute’s silence every fortnight for deceased members

1 Like

Yes I did, also The Royal British Legion conducted a minutes silence yesterday afternoon at our football stadium

The silence was concluded by a blow on the whistle followed by a round of applause before kickoff.

1 Like

This time of year always reminds me of my uncle Bob. Robert Duddy, who’s ship the HMS Matabele was torpedoed by a German U boat and sunk killing all of the 128 crew except for two. The majority died in the freezing water. The lifeboats could not be freed in time because they were frozen to their fixings. August 1942. I was two years old. The Matabele was an F26 Tribal Class destroyer.

3 Likes

I did.

1 Like

I did too, find it very moving.

1 Like