One Hundred today!

No, not my age.

Was my 100th blood donation today.

6 Likes

Congratulations @Maver-rik I wonder just how many people you have helped with that lot! Well done :+1:

2 Likes

Congratulations, well done. Have you any left?

1 Like

Congratulations Maver-rik!

2 Likes

Congratulations! That’s an awesome gesture

2 Likes

Well done! I once tried to volunteer but after a chat my offer was turned down as I had previously suffered a heart attack. Ironic really as it was that which made me realise the value of donating blood in the first place. Perhaps they thought I was just after the cup of tea and a few biscuits!

2 Likes

Well done and thank you! My son’s life was saved by blood donated by strangers a few years ago.

2 Likes

I try to give as often as I can because I am CMV-negative. Cytomegalovirus is a condition that most people have had, and is completely harmless for adults, but their blood cannot be used for neo-natal or prem babies. I didn’t know anything about this till it was explained to me at the donor centre. Never having had it my blood is in demand for babies.

1 Like

I think I may have an armful

2 Likes

Well dome Maverik :smiley: did you get a special badge,
I got one for something not sure what and stopped ‘giving’ when the time and location was change also I guess some om my medication exclues me now.

1 Like

I got a crystel fruit bowl, (at least I use it as a fruit bowl) and an invitation to a donors dinner for 75. I was also presented with a sheaffer pen, but can’t remember what that was for. Not sure what happens for 100, but they did make a bit of a fuss of me. I felt a bit of a fraud to be honest, because my brother-in-law gave bone marrow years ago, and that is really something special!!!

1 Like

@Maver-rik Wow Mav that’s amazing :astonished:, do not devalue your contribution you must have saved a good few lives with that … :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations Maver-rik. I stopped donating at 70 armfuls :grin: on my doctor’s advice after a blood test 2 months later showed I was borderline anaemic.

1 Like

Gosh you must’ve loved their biscuits! :smiley:

1 Like

Not really but their orange juice and Seabrook crisps on the other hand … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

At least there were some left, I didn’t join as they didn’t want me so I hadn’t eaten them all! :grinning:

1 Like

Gosh well done Maverik what a wonderful thing .

1 Like

well done, that’s brilliant, I used to donate, but couldn’t continue after being prescribed tablets for angina…but I never donated anywhere near what you have…

Good show :slight_smile:
My father got a badge or something.
I used to but never got anywhere close to that.I tried to time the one around Christmas time because you got a mince pie.