One for the 2022 diary …

Extra Bank Holiday to mark The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in 2022

Culture Secretary announces plans to mark Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June 2022.

"The May Bank Holiday Weekend will be moved to Thursday 2 June and an additional Bank Holiday on Friday 3 June will see a four-day weekend to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee - the first time any British monarch has reached this historic milestone.

This historic event will reflect on Her Majesty’s reign, and her impact on the UK and the world since 1952."

What will you be doing, if anything, to celebrate?

1 Like

Absolutely nothing!

Wow!!..70 years of service, what an achievement, she was certainly committed to serving her country!!

What will I be doing, maybe watch some of her reign on YouTube.

Maybe a toast to her reign, may she also stay in good health.

God Bless the Queen!.

me too…nothing

If I had the life that she has (all the pampering etc) I’d be loathed to let it go too Pauline

1 Like

I would not want her life for billions, wishbone…to me it’s not a life without choice…:heartpulse:

Well, what a coincidence, that’s three of us – exactly the same as me! :grinning:

1 Like

That is bad news , I hate bank holidays where the world seems to stop for days on end and we get more than one Sunday in a week .

I like ‘normality’ …

1 Like

Not good news for me either, it’s all families at Bank Holidays and when on one’s own that is not a particularly good feeling. However, you just have to ‘get on with it’, that’s how life is for some of us.

Good that you single-quoted ‘normality’ though as I don’t believe there is any such thing, never has been. We are all similar but far too different for there to be anything like that. :grinning:

2 Likes

You are never alone with us lot Baz! :hugs:

:023: That’s true PixieKnuckles, all the odd times I log on there’s always someone else online,
either from the UK or further afield.
:grinning: