One can wear too much perfume?

Sitting in a Cafe yesterday having breakfast.
Almost overcome with a nauseating aroma of Perfume. Surely she accidentally spilt the bottle on herself?
Someone wrote, “Perfume Should be Discovered, Not Announced”

5 Likes

I think it is dependant on the ingredients of the perfume
Obviously musk and florals will have a strong scent
I have no sense of smell, so I make sure I only put one squirt on, but my children always maintained they could smell my perfume still at the end of the day!

2 Likes

The worst thing is when some nurses in the hospital are saturated in perfume and you are lying there following surgery feeling sick :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Perfume should be subtle. Unfortunately some are as subtle as a brick.

5 Likes

Too much perfume is better than ‘runners armpit’…Yes?
:mask:

2 Likes

A mix of the two tops it all.

3 Likes

This stuff is seriously gorgeous!
Used with discretion it doesn’t become fly spray.

2 Likes

I wear perfume but, the ones I use have a fruity floral fragrance; and I get nice compliments from people. Years ago; I did come across one woman who didn’t like the perfume I was wearing (can’t remember which one it was) but, anyway; instead of just telling me to my face (we were all part of a group) she hands me a note complaining about it; I told my friend who was with me but, I never confronted that woman; instead I just stopped wearing that perfume or used less of it, can’t remember because it was so long ago. Sometimes; I come across someone who’s wearing too much perfume but, I prefer smelling too much perfume than smelling body odor, cigarettes, drugs or alcohol.

5 Likes

I love this!

I remember as a child, there was a woman who wore a very strange perfume. I tried to find it as I grew up and could never really explain the smell of it to anyone.

Only later in life, did I discover it was Chanel and cigarette smoke! Ugh :mask:

4 Likes

Funny you should ask…

Since Covid hit, I’m very careful not to wear much, if any fragrance for fear of it being too much.
I enjoy a very light perfume, but haven’t worn any in a month or so now.
Yesterday I felt special, so gave a spritz of Daily Dream before leaving home so I could enjoy it myself.
Well, I went to a hotel to visit a friend, and after registering at the desk, I walked to the outside door to get a bite to eat.
Right behind me were two younger gentlemen, and as I headed toward my car one of them said, “I really like your fragrance. It’s floral and light.” Noted to add-men don’t usually differentiate between floral or musky. You can imagine my grin as I thanked him for the compliment.
I’m going to try it again today before my gambling journey begins.!

3 Likes

I don’t wear perfume too often since Covid lockdown and you just get out of the habit when you are not mixing as much. The one I like for special occasions is Michael Kors Wonderlust, but I don’t spray it directly on the skin. I spray the air and then put my wrists in the direction of the falling spray. I then rub my wrists on my neck.

Now that we are back in the office more often I have bought a small bottle of Next Eau Nude to spritz on my wrists occasionally if I want to feel a bit special. But to be honest I don’t like putting too many chemicals on my skin. I’ve read that scented candles aren’t too good for you and I don’t use air fresheners any more. We already have so many chemicals in our foods and environment.

I used to wear Estee Lauder Pleasures & Pleasures intense regularly to work & play years ago. I stopped because I started developing allergies to all sorts of things including perfumes about 20 years back. That’s another thing you have to be careful about - some people have allergies to the ingredients even if they are just breathing in the scent. so they may say they don’t like a perfume but really it just makes them feel unwell.

3 Likes

I read somewhere that perfume should be sprayed above the head and “allowed to fall upon your hair and skin gently like spring rain” :smiley: (I assume they haven’t experienced Scottish Spring rain then…)

I don’t wear any these days, I find most of these things very over scented and the smell fades away very quickly anyway. Even the Lush products can be a bit much.

4 Likes

A previous neighbor loved perfume. I could smell her perfume from a street away. I think that she was so used to it that she didn’t know how much other people could smell it.

She was really nice. I wasn’t too bothered by it. If she wasn’t so nice, it might have been different.

3 Likes

I think toxic perfumes and deodorants (i.e those that aren’t one of the safe natural ones) should be banned!! Makes me want to scream when I am out somewhere and someone stinks of it :078:

You should never put anything on your skin that you wouldn’t put in your mouth :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I wish people wouldn’t wear scents of any sort in public spaces… Like many others, I’m allergic to them. And Lush? The scents are overwhelming…even outside. Arrghhh… and yet I used to love a couple of perfumes but alas, cannot wear them anymore…

3 Likes

I almost always carry a bottle of this around with me, Turkish lemon cologne. Refreshing, not in the least bit cloying…oh, and cheap!
61K8VP0GIqL.AC_SY450-622670821

2 Likes