On A Sunday do you

We don’t have a roast every Sunday, it depends how we feel that day.

If we have visitors staying I’m more likely to cook a roast any day. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, but often only on alternate Sundays now because that’s when MiL comes, though sometimes we do a joint or chicken in-between too.
Although going out for a carvery is very nice, it’s never quite the same as a proper home-cooked Sunday roast to me.

1 Like

Not always. For example, last night we had salmon en croute for dinner.

1 Like

I love that, my mouth is watering again…:joy::open_mouth:

Yes mostly, my OH loves his Sunday Dinner with all the extras. :+1:

Not every Sunday but I do like to cook real food so I will do a Sunday roast. A small joint or small chicken . I love the smell while I sit with a glass of red wine . It’s such a treat . I love cooking for friends and I’ll do them a roast and home made yorkies too .

1 Like

I still cook Sunday roast but the meat is already cooked and portioned up in the freezer. I don’t do roast potatoes that’s too much to do for 2 of us.
Also we still have a pudding on Sunday.

I might cook a roast several times a week, but would normally include Sundays. And why not do beef or lamb? I choose beef slices, and always have cauli cheese, then there are lamb chops. Cooked chicken or Turkey. Roast pork slices, because joints of meat are too expensive for me.

But they all work well, and I enjoy every mouthful.

1 Like

Cooking a roast dinner for one is a real pain. It’s simply far too much effort, there’s also so much food left over that it would be warmed up as roast dinners for the rest of the week!

I just make the most of it when my daughter invites me. Before covid-19 I used to go out and have a roast dinner. I’ve not done that since January 2020 though, all that stopped with the first lockdown.

1 Like

Well…its odd this thread came up again, because I intend to cook a roast dinner on Sunday. First time in ages, I might add. Not normally a roast fan, but I’m really in the mood for one so…there you go! :joy:

1 Like

No roasties ! Sorry I can’t come, I’ve made other plans for Sunday

2 Likes

You can do a roast for one by using a chicken breast add some sausage meat or a peeled sausage…
Place on the chicken and wrap in foil.
Part Boil the Potatoes and put in hot corn oil…same roasting pan as the chicken on a grid
Yorkshire for 2 so can freeze half
1 Egg
2 ozs Plain Flour
quarter pint of Milk
pinch of Salt
beat well and keep cold
pour in a small roasting tin with very hot oil.
Takes about 15/20 minutes in a hot oven.
Chicken Gravy of your choice.
Frozen Peas as well in the microwave for 4 minutes.
If you have a small oven ideal
Large Oven, you might have something else to cook for about an hour…
Could do more than 1 Chicken Breast to have for another meal…say a Salad Meal.

5 Likes

Thanks for the recipe, that would make a change and it looks easy enough so will give it a try.
:grinning:

1 Like

Sage and Onion Stuffing is tasty as well.
make them into balls that way they don’t stick so much to the bake dish.

3 Likes

Always do a roast for Sunday dinner.

Yep cook a roast for myself every Sunday and a glass or two of merlot

1 Like

Get a dial in, let someone else worry about a recipe for disaster. :grin:

I remember the days a a child, Mum used to buy thick pork chops with a huge kidney in it, and she used to put it in tin foil and bake it in the oven. These days you can’t buy pork chops with the kidney and for some reason the chops today seem to be a bit chewy (unless its my cooking).

1 Like

Kidneys are regarded as offal and a lot of people seem to turn their noses up at the thought. I don’t buy chops with kidney - because I don’t like the taste of kidney - but our local butcher still sells them. He also sells steak pies - with kidney (round ones) or without kidney (oval ones).

1 Like

Nom, nom, nom