On A Sunday do you

Still cook a Sunday Roast?

My mum always used to cook a roast on a Sunday…

2 Likes

No Pauline, we are not very traditional, I cook what we fancy on the day.
When living at Home with my Parents, it was always Sunday Roast.

4 Likes

I think that tradition is dying out Susie, on saying that, walking back from the shops today…I could actually smell roast dinners cooking in the air…took me back to my childhood days.

I too don’t cook a roast on a Sunday.:smiley:

1 Like

We did today. A very nice chicken roast with all the trimmings. That said, we don’t do it all that often.

2 Likes

Everyone in our street used to cook a Sunday roast and eat it listening to Billy Cotton.

2 Likes

I try not to cook anything any day, but I have too. No we don’t have Sunday roast any more.

3 Likes

I will cook a Sunday lunch if I’m having guests otherwise it’s just too much food as it’s just my son and I.

Christmas is usually my biggest busiest roast lunch! Love it!

2 Likes

Ah…lovely, but your wife is a great cook!!.

Another good cook, is our Minx.

1 Like

That she is! My contribution is loading the dish washer…)

1 Like

When you are single, like me, a proper roast dinner, beef or lamb, with all the trimmings is really out of the question. Far too much preparation and cooking just for one. I often have a chicken roast dinner but that’s nothing like the best roast of the year, Christmas dinner. My daughter’s husband always does the roast and I am invited, which is nice. Occasionally when they have a roast dinner at other times during the year, which is not that often, I get to have one of those too. Again very nice and really appreciated.
:plate_with_cutlery: :grinning:

Before coronavirus we all used to go out for a nice meal, that was whatever each individual preferred. I also used to eat out once or twice a week but that all stopped way back in 2020 I recall.
:frowning_face:

2 Likes

Absolutely agree with you Baz

1 Like

I know my views are probably similar to many other’s. Although the world seems to be made up of couples, there are a lot of ‘singletons’ in the world. it’s not much fun eating alone and anyway I eat to live and that’s about all. It’s not very enjoyable sometimes but necessary to keep alive and healthy.
:plate_with_cutlery: :grinning:

3 Likes

Yep, but I do try! My son usually doesn’t want to eat what cook so yeah for the most part it’s just me, myself and I

:hugs:

1 Like

Me too, there are not many days I don’t have a proper meal with meat (usually chicken) and a mixture of enough vegetables. The break of going out to eat a couple of times a week was nice, it made a real change, the food tasted better too! That’s not surprising as I was never taught to cook, one day I found I had no choice so just had to get on with it – cook or go hungry! :grinning:

2 Likes

On occasion now I do; as has been said 1 not roasting friendly. Used to regularly having people over for lunch but having people for dinner seems a distant memory but the days will come again.

1 Like

Has anyone ever Roasted a Sunday Cook? :zombie:

1 Like

I made a roast today. First one in ages. But mine is with a difference. I roast everything and then pull the meat off the bones and make it into a kind of casserole/hotpot with the pan gravy and water. Takes longer to cook of course but makes the meat really tender.

1 Like

Oooh, Annie…my mouth is watering and I’m about to go to bed, I won’t be able to sleep now!..:joy:

1 Like