Old tv series

Saturdays are normally dull on tv so i watch some of the old western series on YouTube such as Rin Tin Tin, Boots And Saddles, Laramie, Rawhide, Death Valley Days, Wagon Train. Good old stuff to watch so much better than a lot of rubbish on the screen nowadays.

I enjoy watching the older series too Doc …Time Tunnel and The Invaders and Im looking to see if there are episodes of Midnight Caller on there too as that was a good favourite of mine .
They certainly dont make them like that anymore :slight_smile:

We buy box sets of old series we enjoy, monarch of the glen is a favourite at the moment, house of Elliot next.

I think old TV was much more innocent back then…

I love the old comedies.
The Beverley Hillbillies is so funny.:smiley:

1 Like

House of Elliott was a favourite of mine too

I suppose when you get old you look back because we have seen it all before

I find that Sad.

But then again I still watch The Prisoner and Blow Up.:twisted:

If there’s nothing i like on tv i watch bbc iplayer, as i like to watch documentaries, there’s alot of different themed programmes too from going back to the early 60’s which can be viewed over a month or so and watch catch up too.

Law and Order UK - watching this for the first time in Oz we seem to get them higgly piggly - but I like the fast moving ; punchy style and the juxta-positions of the roles from police to lawyers etc. And of course the setting is the Smoke and that cockney accent gets me everytime - still got a few rellies with it too! [the accent that is?]

1 Like

Bret…one of the best British programmes to be shown the American series of Law and order USA are rubbish compared to it

yea I think you can easily pick out the cultural strains and behavior styles by watching them all!

I loved Blakes Seven… wonky sets and laser guns made out of plastic containers it was certainly done on a budget…I was gutted when they stopped making it.

Theee was a rumour a few years ago that they were resurrecting it but it didn’t happen…I expect all the original cast are long gone now so it wouldn’t be the same anyway…

what did ma and pa always say "nothing lasts forever summer - even the summer!!

1 Like

I have a couple of Series of Crown Court on DVD. First produced by Granada in 1972 the series was broadcast around lunchtime, quite incredible by today’s standards given some of the content and storylines, certainly wouldn’t happen today, one of the most underrated British TV dramas in my opinion M’lud.

hqdefault

2 Likes

If it comes back onto a TV channel, then Paladin was a good Western Series with Richard Boone as Paladin :point_right: Have Gun Will Travel.
Have Gun - Will Travel (TV Series 1957–1963) - IMDb