Oil protests

I agree. What I’d like to know, and have never heard a reasonable answer, is why the police can’t arrest them or at least move them on.
I can only assume that it is instructions ‘from above’.

1 Like

Of course it is possible that these tree huggers you all so casually sneer at might be right and you are condemning your great grandchildren to a very uncertain future.

The world’s climate scientists and governments have declared climate change is now a threat to human wellbeing and warned we are about to miss the window to “secure a liveable and sustainable future for all”.

The finding comes in the latest Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report on the impacts of climate change and how we can adapt to them.

The new report found the scale of the impacts from climate change threatened to overwhelm the world’s ability to adapt in the coming decades, with some impacts requiring rapid and radical transformations in how we live and operate, combined with immediate and sharp cuts to greenhouse gas emissions.

Immediate actions aimed at stopping warming at 1.5 degrees Celsius could reduce many of the most severe impacts to society and ecosystems, but will not stop all of them.

Current global policies put the world on a course of at least 2.1C warming by 2100, and possibly as much as 3.9C.

Don’t ban Blankets, heaven knows, we need them ever more with energy cost increases.

2 Likes

Thanks Percy…
:+1:

Blankets are a bit like climate change. They go in and out of fashion.

1 Like

We hear of all these warnings that life on the Earth is about to end.
Why am I not worried?
Because it’s all happened before.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I must have missed that one. When did the Earth end before?

… and a very good advisory book to read and digest :point_down:

1 Like

If something isn’t done in the near future about the proliferation of nuclear and biological weaponry and the nutcases that have access to it the end might be nearer than we think.

1 Like

And this would be a bad thing because?

1 Like

Because we’d be dead? :102:

Tell @Percy_Vere to bring a hamper and a deckchair.

:rofl: I don’t have one of those. Shall I bring my fishing chair instead?

According to this article the police are stopping them and 275 have been arrested so far:

I wonder how many of them used vehicles that either had oil in the tank (diesels) or were lubricated with oil to get to Warwickshire?

1 Like

and there’s fish in the serpentine, yay.

Might not be a bad thing, considering the damage humankind has done to the planet. Wipe us all out and give nature a chance.

Not necessarily. I can imagine that half of the world’s population would die, mostly from the northern hemisphere. Yes, the ground in many places would be contaminated for years, but I believe that the world would eventually recover.
One big difference would be that most people would be from underdeveloped countries. Good news, because they would be highly unlikely to develop nuclear or biological weapons, at least for many years.

1 Like

Ahem … I am nature.

@LongDriver , l thought we were at risk of dying from the heat LD ??
Not a bloody ice age!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes