Odd, Yellow Label!?

I just found this odd, yellow label on a package I received. Can anybody explain to me what the label is really there for…what’s behind the theme of the label’s wording?

Yellow Label On Containers Box

Weirdly, it appears that you have broken some human rights laws pertaining to freedom of speech.

Looking forward to you telling us what was in the parcel

The sticker is added to packages transported in Europe by a European package company/operator, BUT the package did not originate from Europe (but rather from outside the EU, such as the United States or China.)

Some Online companies (like Amazon) always try to deliver your package as cheap as possible so they can keep their prices low. Thus, they make deals with European companies to deliver some of their packages with European destinations to reduce costs.

The sticker is a warning or information label that informs operators that custom duties and other fees may still need to be paid on this parcel, even though it was handled by a European company.
I am not certain exactly what the Articles say but I think whether customs duties etc need to be paid depends on the value of the item.

It means there wasn’t enough corporate bribery

1 Like

I think that, if the package value is less than £135, there’s nothing to pay, but maybe a declaration, of some kind, must still be made. The contents are 3 black plastic containers, as seen in this picture - the 36 litre ones. I’m a weapons collector and I like to make sure my collection items are in secure boxes that are hard to crush/break.

Black Plastic Storage Boxes EBay - 2022-08-24_215302

It’s odd that you have that customs sticker on the parcel if the items are British made and your delivery address is in Britain - I wonder if they have been exported then sent back to you in UK?
Intriguing.

1 Like

That sticker is for the delivery service provider not for the customer telling them that the consignment is to be handed out to a customs office and not to the recipient. If the sticker is overlooked or ignored, the consignment may be handed out to the recipient.

If it’s half made in Britain then it’s made in Britain. Perhaps the material was fabricated in GB/UK, made into a box elsewhere.

1 Like