Obesity In America

However, I get the distinct impression that it would be best if I departed.

Deleted

Tell her to put on some weight, we are trying to win an argument here.

Why, youā€™re entitled to your opinion as much as any of us?

Iā€™m trying to work out how they can take care of their personal hygiene.

@pauline3 I donā€™t feel like it ā€¦ not when itā€™s TL3s who are disagreeing with me and I feel they have the upperhand, though they will, of course, say that is not the case.
I do feel more comfortable conversing with TL2 or TL1.

They donā€™tā€¦i was a carer for a morbidly obese ladyā€¦I was shocked when I first cared for her, I was also shocked how heavy fat around the tummy could weigh, seriously, it was extremely hard workā€¦her family waited on her hand and foot, she sat in a chair all day every day, her legs were in a terrible state as well, the nurses had to dress them.

1 Like

You should feel really at home with me then. I am TL0. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not by me. I think you should remain and enjoy the discussion. Itā€™s a lively topic.

2 Likes

So do I, and Iā€™m not even posting!!

It was our favourite American (one of them she added quickly) who guided us to the site
People Of Walmartā€¦remember??

Open minded sane and rational.

1 Like

Perhaps they are more insular .
It canā€™t be denied that America does lead the world in the obesity stakes at least among the major countries of the world .

Butterscotch, thank you for pointing this out. We have other current topics to choose from to discuss, Brits are low on our radar. In fact, rarely does any event in England affect us at all. We donā€™t lose sleep wondering about obese Brits.

2 Likes

From what I have seen wandering around our town centre - obesity is definitely not confined to USA. The number of fat women - pushing those buggie things - with a child stuffing itā€™s face with sausage rolls and crisps - is positively scary!!

1 Like

I also donā€™t sleep wondering about morbid obese in America, i was actually reading about America obese on another forum, decided to discuss the topic here,ā€¦why other Americans gets so:defensive over it on here amazes me,.

We have morbid obese in this country as well ,so what, why canā€™t we address it,?..
Without some taking offence, because Iā€™m addressing the issue thatā€™s worse in their countryā€¦
Itā€™s a fact?..

1 Like

I never said it was,ST, Iā€™m just addressing that itā€™s far worse in America.

So, whatā€™s wrong in discussing it?..this topic is about Americans morbid obeseā€¦if they want to start one about Brits, whose stopping them?

Im on an American forum and yes, they do have a talk about us Brits and some of our wording and funny ways.

And itā€™s a Christian forum.:wink:ā€¦all are American, except for a few of us Brits.

And I never said that you did. :grinning:

Absolutely nothing - I was merely commenting on some of the sights I have seen in town :grinning:

So whatā€™s wrong in talking about the morbidly obese in America?

Why get defensive when it needs to be addressedā€¦instead of burying ones head in the sand?

We have problems with obese in this countryā€¦why would anyone get defensive over it, when itā€™s truthā€¦canā€™t see your logic, only that it upsets you,because youā€™re from Americaā€¦which is quite immature imo.

And on my other Christian American forum, us Brits are not low on their radar, they are forever picking us up, .especially about our wording,I have problems understanding their wording as well ,plus their spelling of words can be different to oursā€¦see no problem with that what so everā€¦we give back as good as we get, without taking it personally.

1 Like

Indeed I agree, I just donā€™t understand why a few are taking umbrage because Iā€™m addressing a serious eating problem for many ,many in America?

Not you taking umbrage by the way.

This is a good summary,ZDā€¦sounds to like itā€™s all about Money?

And what about the amount they serve?..why those massive servingsā€¦:weary::weary:ā€¦why the need to plough it in by so manyā€¦itā€™s definitely an addiction imoā€¦I do understand addiction as Iā€™m addicted to latte, I would go all day without food as long as I had my lattes sometimes 6 a dayā€¦at this precise moment Iā€™m trying to wean myself off them, because I know I have a problemā€¦itā€™s what I add into them as well, sugar, syrup and creamā€¦it needs to be addressed and Iā€™m addressing the problem, not sweeping it under the carpet.