NTFE files to FAT32

just discovered an issue I have not seen elsewhere. If upgrading from windows 10 to windows11. Any photos already saved on a disc be it internal or extrnl become NTFE files not staying as FAT32. so images only show half the picture until that file is opened.
So i did a bit of research and he only way, without downloading a paid converter program, is to put all the photos on a spare empty HHD or SDD disk first then format the original disk and then transfer them all back.
what a pain in the backside microsoft have made this, for example just one of my nearly fully loaded disk show it would take the transfer from an HDD disk to spare about 2.5 hours and no doubt the same amount of time to transfer back. Needless to say I gave up as it would take a week to do all my backup disks
new photgos taken since Windows 11 installed are not affected only those taken on previous versions of Windows thank goodness

The default file system for HDD on Windows is NTFS because FAT32 has limitations (such as a 4GB file size). There is now another system called exFAT which is a damn nuisance if it comes on a portable drive and you are using older equipment because they don’t know about it and can’t read the drive.

I don’t know why it should only show half a picture, personally I convert everything to NTFS if I need to format a drive (it replaced FAT32 for a reason).