Now The Summer Is Over

Wow! That’s higher than here.

It’s hot - 29°C. Having a nice cold beer under the parasol.

1 Like

Just checked, they’ve amended ours to 27c, it feels hotter though.

1 Like

The power’s been off in a planned cut today so I was going to burn some of the wood from our garden, but there weasn’t any wind so I thought perhaps not.
It was too hot to do much in the garden for me anyway.
Instead I’ve done the last of the glossing, and because it’s so warm the paint has dried quickly AND the windows being open gets rid of the pong.
Summer isn’t over yet.

1 Like

Temperature here is 29C feeling like 32°C …… phew!

1 Like

I have an analogue thermometer in my garden. That is usually quite accurate.

1 Like

Just grafted through it as usual. :walking_man: :biking_man:

1 Like

I love the sun .

1 Like

wot on ya lecky bike? - cool mon

well my pooter is telling my its 31C at 11am Western time in oz - just walked down the drive to retrieve the bin and I could feel the heat but each time I passed a horizontal cross drive a cool wind blew across, quite refreshing

1 Like

Yep, Mad Dog Englishman, feelin the Breeze. :biking_man:

1 Like

My computer is telling me it’s 29°C and sunny. The open window in my office is telling me this might be true but there’s also a gale blowing up. :grin:

1 Like

We’ve had torrential rain, wind & thunder/lightening since early today. It’s calmed down now, cloudy & still warm too.

1 Like

It has turned quite dark here Tiff so I think it must be heading our way….

1 Like

If you get it like we did, at 10 a.m. You are in for a soaking, not to mention the noise of the thunder. :open_mouth:

Eek! I don’t fancy that :open_mouth:

summer is not over here, lol. This is day 3 of 4 with extreme heat advisory 107* - 110*F that is about 41-43+ Celsius I think. I hope to at least clean up and get my garden ready for fall planting this weekend.

Maybe it’s calmed down now though.

This is an awkward time of year, last night I woke at about 2amlast night in a lather of sweat. I still have my winter doona on the bed so it is obviously time to change it for the summer ones as temperatures this week are supposed to get up to 28’.

The problem is that at this time of the year the following week could bring temps as low as 19/20’ and with clear skies cold at night.

Decisions, Decisions …

1 Like

Bruce, 19/20c are our normal temps this time of our year, 28c is unheard of usually.