Novice overseas traveler seeks advice!

I’ve got very long arms Twink - I could try if you like? :lol:

How about we give him directions on how to get to St. Pauls but secretly it’s for the Cat’s protection League? :lol:

Like it Longdogs.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/rulez/t2021.gif

Stranger visiting London for the first time asks how to get to the Tower of London.
First person asked but says sorry but I come from india and have no idea
Second person asked but says sorry but I come from China and have no idea
Third person asked but says sorry but I come from Trinidad and have no idea.

So he say to the third person, is there no English i can ask. The reply was no because they are all at work to provide us with benefits so we can visit London

I thank you all for your wise advice and counsel.
Will certainly take it all on board.
But as has been said, we have a lot of planning to do - and it’s still a long way off.
Virtually, we’ve only just got to the " OK let’s bloody do it " stage.

It may sound silly, but for pension reasons we have to get rid of some money’
Frankly, I’d rather go the U.S. but wifey will not countenance that idea so, being the pure, noble and selfless soul that I am, I bend to her every whim.

Again, thanks everyone - much to ponder.

You may need a Visa by then if the po faced isolationists get their way!

Dover castle in kent had underground tunnels use as a defence centre during ww2. it was the only place Hitler ordered not to bomb as he wanted to use it for himself

Since you’re visiting Ireland during your holiday in this hemisphere matey - this place is an absolute MUST

Good call Real. Both Kent and East Sussex have lots to offer.
Maybe we could all meet up in 2017 with Pummy and his better half at a point between us?
We could introduce him to proper beer, as opposed to fizzy nats piz :wink:

:lol:

You mean real grog.

‘grog’ hasn’t existed since 1965 after Roy Hattersley cut the rum ration to the Navy.

Just as well he did. Pissed while in charge of a nuclear sub is never a good idea.

If your wife won’t go to the US what about Canada ? British Columbia is spectacular in particular Vancouver Island . Very clean and safer too than a lot of places .
However if you do decide to come to the UK I think Edinburgh is really lovely and I think any visit should include it .

Love to meet up but I am no longer allowed to drive because my Peripheral vision according to the eye surgeon I see says it is not up to DVLC standard. So he took my driving licence from me by informing the DVLC

It is. The castle and the underground city.

But it rains all the time. :frowning:

I think if I was banned from driving due to poor eyesight, I’d sell my car and buy a bicycle. I have a feeling that no-one would bother about cyclists. For safety’s sake, I’d cycle on the pavement.

Get short shrift from me if he does!!!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Big deal. Every other bugger does it. The police don’t seem to give a toss either.

Well they wouldn’t would they when they make footpaths for pedestrians (including small kids and the elderly) and cyclists to use the same footpaths. Bloody ridiculous :twisted:

I am not banned from driving but prevented from driving, there is a difference