Novice overseas traveler seeks advice!

Love it. You are on form Nom.

And a bigger stick for those ridiculous early hours motorcycles that go Pop pop pop pop pop. :lol:

Exactly. They should be easily identifiable, like motorists. They break the law, yet could cycle away and no-one can do anything about it. The police aren’t likely to do anything.

Also, they use the roads so they should pay road tax. Motor cyclists do, why not cyclists.

If only they put bells on bikes like they used to do so we could hear he Lyra clad horrors before they zoom up behind one and expect you to leap from their paths at a shout of coming through .
That goes for some pavement hogs on their mobility scooters too grhhhh !

It can be mildly entertaining when two mums come one way with their pushchairs and a mobility scooter is coming the other.
They never ever give way.
As a long suffering pedestrian I just have to take my chances.

Back on topic.
This is one place where the history of our two Countries meet.
http://www.tolpuddlemartyrs.org.uk/
I have been going to the Festival for several years now, but don’t think I will make it next year.

Back off topic…

Pushchair pushers are too busy on their phones to notice. Is it a requirement when pushing one?

Back on topic…

Pum will have to get used to our narrow pavements

Car drivers don’t pay road tax if they drive a hybrid car.
Cyclists don’t make huge potholes in the road like car and lorry drivers do. They just have to try to avoid them. That’s the main reason they ride on the pavements.

I just had a mental image then of someone pushing a stick in a mobility scooter wheel and the occupant performing a somersault.

As you won’t be staying long in Dublin Pummy, thank God:lol: (pulling your leg obviously, you are always welcome as you’ll find when you get here), look up “Visit Dublin” for up to date information about what’s on at that particular time, a visit to Guinness’s brewery is always an hour well spent, and there are so many historical places and buildings to see, Christ Chuch dates back to at least the 12th century and the cripts beneath are very interesting, for something unusual have a drink and meal there with the missus some night. Whatever you do I hope the pair of you have a great holiday.:wink:

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx4/jemflux/crypt10a.jpg

Oh dear Jem you know what the cat did when it crept into thr crypt.

:lol: Strange you say that Nom but there is a stuffed cat and mouse down there, God knows how long it’s been dead but they have it in a large class case, they also have St. Lawrence O’Toole’s (patron St. of Dublin) heart in an iron heart shaped case, talk about leaving your heart in San Francisco, he literally left his in Dublin.:slight_smile:
The church and grounds are interesting to see, a lot of original Dean Swift’s writings are displayed inside the church, he was Dean there when he wrote “Gulliver’s Travels” It’s quite a few years since I visited the place so it could be changed about, although I doubt it.

Jem, thank you for the great ‘heads-up’ on things to see and do there.
That pic looks almost too good to be true.
I will certainly print this page and refer to it as we get down to the nitty-gritty planning stage.

Actually, wifey is becoming less and less enthused about this whole trip.
I have told her that is entirely her call - but I’m going regardless.

I may be able to help in some ways for you. I did work in Tourism, so there are certain things you may be interested in which would be helpful to know. If you give a few more pointers, then I’m sure there could be many options for you. Ten days is not very long to see much of the England. We are an island but quite large when travelling from A to B. (time wise)

What about people on their mobile phones? I’m absolutely fed up with having to dodge round them

lol I dunno, liven up their day no doubt

Come and stay with me Pummey - lovely area!

Only if wifey pulls the plug:blush::twisted::lol:

Oooooo you are naughtie

I have lost touch with Pummy does anyone know if he made his trip to UK??

ta

He’s not been heard from for some time now.