Novak Djokovic told to Bugger Off

Was it Arthur Entwistle from Dudley Bruce?
I know he was a big name in the ‘Lift and Jerk’ round about that time…

I don’t know but, more to the point, who was missing that should have won?

I don’t know Bruce it was a bit low profile for me…
However, wasn’t the olympics held in America and it was boycotted by the USSR and Bulgaria.
I would imagine that the world champion weightlifter would have come from either of those two countries.
I don’t think that as much fuss was made about that, as it has been about Djokovic.
As you say, the winners write the history so the USSR would have been blocked out by the media with just a token headline. Unlike today, where they love a good story, especially if they can stir it up a bit.

Bruce, you miss the point, whichever Geezer wins will know in their heart, they did not win by beating the best.

3 Likes

People will remember the circumstances behind the reason for Djokovic being excluded from the Australian Open.

2 Likes

who gives a chit really. He’s a tennis player not some God

1 Like

What a load of tosh he’s 34 years old and is a star athlete and in doing so has made loads of dosh . It’s not as if he had done something heroic .

1 Like

You don’t know that there are many up coming young players who may well have beaten him .

Of course, but they won’t have the chance to take his scalp.

2 Likes

I think you are confusing Novak Djokovic with General Custer.

1 Like

What does that mean,S F?..I guess it means what it says.

Yes, I saw it that way.

Here’s another way, …he chose to pursue that career, A, because he was good at it and maybe came quite naturally,

B…it made him rich.

C…yes, I’m sure he did put a lot of guts determination and effort into it.

And D…I see no skill in hitting a ball over a net, I really don’t…so, I’m stuck in my ways and thinking in that area,:joy:

Maybe not pauline, but he can do it better than anyone else in the world mostly due to his fitness and ability.
That’s what sport is, running faster, jumping higher, throwing further, and lifting heavier than anyone else in the world. You either want the best sportsmen to contest the title, or like Australia you don’t…In which case this years Australian OPEN should have been cancelled because it wasn’t an OPEN was it. Some players were excluded!

PS:- very few sportsmen do it for the money. Money comes later when you’ve succeeded, but it’s very rarely the driver.

1 Like

I said that days ago!!!
In fact 13 days ago.
I’ll get me coat…

2 Likes

Aww…Sorry ruthio, I read all the previous posts but sometimes I don’t digest them…I think it’s an age thing…Great minds think alike though…
:wink:

1 Like

agree - for once !! and I won with me BSA!!

I don’t agree lots of sportsmen and women trained for the tournament why should it have been cancelled because one man wasn’t willing to abide by the rules of the country .

oh dear oh dear oh dear - this one ain’t gooin away soon ??scomos govt in trouble again??

new drama in tennis world the immigration fellows are dripping like sieves??

and now to add to scomos woes - he’s such a silly fellow - strangely enough Rio Tinto’s share prices has dived - oh dear oh dear - the trouble with scomo is he thinks with his b***s and not his brains?

rio tinto stocks and shares dive??

I wonder why trace back to Serbia perhaps? scomo is getting a lot of muddy on his face oops sorry mud?

Good on Serbia, electric cars are sh$te anyway and nobody will be able to afford them, especially since the price of electricity is going through the roof.