Nothing on here about Sunak’s Budget

First paragraph: Good. We really need apprenticeships as we seem to be short of those sort of workers. For example, we’ve been trying to get a roofer for weeks now!

Second paragraph: Of course you may disagree, but why do you think the ‘boat people’ come here in droves? What’s wrong with France?

Second paragraph ignored as I said that’s for another thread. I do agree with you though they should stay in France.

1 Like

The French are not as soft as the British , not as humane not as kind not as stupid .

@ JBR, The Tories are the ones that refined the art of lobbying though aren’t
they JB??
Look how prevalent it has become , from HS2, to NSH Covid contracts, to
removing or failing to instigate licencing for maritime ferry services !!
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::frowning::-1:

In some ways, yes we are stupid, or rather our politicians are.

I agree. The current crop of Tories - certainly Boris - are making a real mess of this country. They should have got straight on with leaving the EU and ensured the protection of this country above all others.
One reason why I shall not be voting for them again.

1 Like

You’ll doubtless be excited to know that Scotty from Marketing’s budget delivered yesterday was the pork barrel everyone expected.

Helped by a booming economy due to high commodity prices and low unemployment Scotty had lots of money to play with to try to rescue his government from its dire position in the polls.

Major items:

• Cash payouts of $250 for pensioners in April to help with the cost of living.

• Halving the fuel excise from 44c to 22c a litre for a period of six months (that’s a bomb waiting for the next government in September)

• A $420 tax offset to help with “cost of living pressures” come tax time in July. While the middle income tax offset of $1500 is extended for another year.

• RAT kits are now a tax deduction if needed for work (back dated to last year)

• The prescription safety net has been lowered to $244 per year, above that amount prescriptions are free.

• The budget predicts unemployment to be less than 4% this year. It doesn’t seem that long ago being below 5% was considered full employment!

Sadly the predicted halving of the beer excise did not happen. :crying_cat_face:

Aren’t we the lucky country?

Scotty will visit the Governor General in the next fortnight to call an election.