Not Able To Comment And Change The Track On MS PowerPoint

Hello friends, I am having a problem on MS PowerPoint recently when I try to change the track and comment. Every time I failed to access it. I have no idea why this happens. Can anyone help me to solve the issue?

Hi MilesCollins, welcome to our forum. Would help if I could but I am technically challenged. The only solution I ever try is to turn things off and on again, and I don’t think that would solve your issue.

Perhaps whatever your reason for trying to use Power Point is your real problem. :thinking:

Have you tried a search on YouTube? I find most of my problems get solved there.

I used to use Powerpoint a lot for plans and drawings rather than presentations but rarely use it these days.

I haven’t used PP for over 10 years. In any case, I use Open Office Impress these days for any presentations I need to make because it’s free to download.

Do you mean the Slide Master? :point_down:
To edit it, click the View tab and then click the Slide Master button in the Presentation Views group. This step displays the Slide Master and enables you to edit it. However, the object you’re trying to edit might be underneath another object. If so, move the other object aside temporarily. When you’re done, drag the other object back into place :+1:

1 Like

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. In fact, I created a project in Microsoft Powerpoint and sent it to a friend. But when I tried to edit it after that, I couldn’t. So that’s the real reason.

Thank you for your help. This article also suggested what you said. Actually, I’m just now watching the post, but it had already been approved, so I didn’t pay attention to it. I opened my mail today and saw that it had been approved. Anyway, thank you so much for your assistance. I must say that the solution you proposed is much simpler and more practical.

1 Like

Is Open Office a free software? Does it work as same as MS PowerPoint?

OpenOffice is a suite of freeware that comprises a spreadsheet, word processor, presentation slide maker, and 2 or 3 other programs. All are similar to MS Office products and the files you generate can be saved into MS Office readable files and vice versa. I’ve used this suite on and off for the last 20 years or so on my own computers. The latest version of OpenOffice is 4.1.11 and is available here:

1 Like

If you are thinking of going that route can I suggest LibreOffice rather than OpenOffice. They both have the same source but Apache has not developed their version as much as the enthusiasts at LibreOffice

https://www.libreoffice.org/

1 Like