No Snapshot Comp for August

Yes, I agree Mups, very enjoyable indeed and keep our grey cells alert! :grinning:

1 Like

Well? You start it and run it, Just do what Barry has done in the past but replace the word ā€œSnapshotā€ with the word ā€œVideoā€. See how it goes.

Edit _ Sorry I see PixieKnuckles has already suggested it but she is quite right, the only way to find out if it will work is to try it. Over to you.

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with a video competition. It could be in addition to the snapshot competition.
No one is expecting Barry to organise it.

I donā€™t think you have to be a certain ā€˜trust levelā€™ to organise a competition.
Go for it RS if you have faith in the idea.

Personally, as has been said before - most of us wouldnā€™t go the the bother of looking at a string of videos. It would be too time consuming (and boring)

I wouldnā€™t enter it either. My videos are rubbishā€¦

2 Likes

There could be a time limit, say 10 secs or 30secs. The viral videos on places like FB and Tik Tok (not that I watch Tik Tok) are often only 10 to 15 secs long. If one canā€™t spare 15 secs then there is something wrong with oneā€™s life choices. Short videos are the thing now.

15 seconds per video Bruce.
20 videos would be 5 minutes - then you have to consider scrolling & considering.

I reckon it would take 10 minutes to look at 20 videos and what if there were 40 videos? (unlikely I know but just surmising)

Iā€™m not saying any interested member shouldnā€™t give it a go. Itā€™s good to have new suggestions & ideas.

Consider how many seconds you spend looking at a snapshot? Or reading posts?

I can look at a lot of snapshots in one minute Bruceā€¦

I was simply replying to you because you said - If I couldnā€™t spare 15 seconds then there is something wrong with my life choices. What do you know about my life choices?

I find your remark offensive.

End of conversation.

I know nothing about your life choices, I am afraid I use the word ā€œYouā€ when I should use ā€œOneā€ but thatā€™s life. Iā€™ve corrected it.

One could view up to six 10sec videos in one minute too (I hope that is better)

Absolute end of conversation

Exactly ā€¦ :+1:

Me too but I would be interested in seeing what others do if, as I suggested they are short. 10 Rhino Runs would be a bit hard to take. Most phones have built in editing facilities if my kidā€™s and grandkidā€™s efforts on FB are anything to go by.

1 Like

If you want a video comp okay start one but donā€™t ditch the snapshot competition.

I enjoy looking at the snaps . While videos I couldnā€™t be bothered

2 Likes

If those videos were an example of short ones that we could have on a video competition, then I think I would give it a miss !

Alas I can no longer move like that, I was thinking of something more age appropriate.

watching TV then? A video about someone watching a video? Its already been done and people pay good money to watch the watchers!

Itā€™s up to RS to pick a topic I would think (like the snapshot comp), if he decides to test the waters.

1 Like

I was trying to be funny because you said age appropriate :joy: Yes, itā€™s the 1st August tomorrow, what better time to startā€¦I think RS should get his thinking cap on :billed_cap:

Iā€™m late to this thread, but I would hate to see the snapshot competition replaced by a video comp. That for me would be the end of the comp, as I have zero interest in making videos. I had a camcorder for my 40th birthday (such a great big thing it was, compared to whatā€™s available now!), and I used it a lot, but soon got fed up with seeing life through a lens instead of being able to view it properly. Now Iā€™d much rather have a decent camera round my neck, ready to take photos as and when, rather than walking around holding a flipping camcorder in front of my face all the time!

If you think it would work @realspeed, then start a separate competition, as @PixieKnuckles and others have said. Donā€™t just expect Barry to switch to your suggestion and end the long standing tradition of the snapshot competition, which has lots of followers. Honestly, if he did this, Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™d be a lot of people up in arms about it!

4 Likes

Think you meant 5 HOURS, Carol? :thinking:

. . . . which is exactly how I feel too, Sheba. :+1:
I think loads of the usual contributors would also drop out.

As has been said, if RS wants to try it out, thatā€™s fine, but not at the expense of our snapshot one.

I never said replace snapshot competition you are reading into things that are not mentioned .suggest Sheba you do not assume and actually read what I put. Maybe a sorry would not go amiss