No I didn’t search for Bourbon here first

I was too lazy to see if there is altresdy a thread for bourbon. If not let’s do that.
What is your favorite?
Did you know that by an act of Congress in 1964 of is the official spirit of the United States.
It must be at least 50% corn, and aged in charred oak barrels, among other things.

What is your favorite bourbon? Did u know how to taste and evaluate a bottle?

Thx & God Bless

1 Like

Jack Daniels followed Jim Beam are probably the two best known here in the UK. I’m no expert but I can safely say that Scotch is a lot more popular.

I’m a Jack Daniels and cola fan but mostly in the U.K. people prefer scotch

Generally, I don’t like whiskey/whisky, nor bourbon, although I am partial to the odd glass of Southern Comfort. (The export grade at 40% proof, not the US domestic stuff that is normally 20% proof).

I’ve tried a few, and visited a couple of whiskey and bourbon distilleries (including Buffalo Trace), but I still don’t like the stuff so I generally stick to beer or cider.

Now, there are some fine beers to be had in the US, but in all my time there, I never did come across any decent (hard) cider.

Usually Scrumpy for me. But sometimes a Merlot and the the odd Glen Morangie.

1 Like

Irish champagne for me .I don’t like spirits.

My old man loved his whisky, personally as a 20 something I preferred vodka but these days I don’t drink spirits or wine and am quite happy with my schooner of Tooheys New (or Charlton Draught when you can’t get Tooheys).

To be quite honest I am not really sure what bourbon is, though I gather it is a spirit but personally haven’t tried it.

K, I’d like to point this out.
Jack Daniel’s is Tn Whiskey, not bourbon.
I detest the stuff but have what u want :))
To be bourbon, the mash boom must be set last 51% corn, and aged in charred white oak barrels. It most be distilled n the USA. There’s ANV required values for going in the barrel and in the bottle.
Bourbon was devalued the official drink of America by Congress in 1964

I’m afraid I have never drank Jack Daniels either, as I said whisky is not my drink (I think in that case it is whiskey).

It is Whisky from Scotland.

…and Australia.

Although only five regions are specified, any Scottish locale may be used to describe a whisky if it is distilled entirely within that place;

K, “whisky” typically denotez Scottish whisky, that is usually referred to as scotch.

In r the US, “whiskey” covers bourbon and many other whiskies, but bourbon is a specks case.
51% corn mash bill
Aged in New charred white oak barrens
Parameters for ABV ok entering the barrel and bottling
Etc

It’s also the official Spirit of America, and it has a very special place in Kentucky. A ton of “Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey” bottles elucidate this.
Also note, during Prohibition, many ppl in Kentucky made and/or transported illegal corn liquor aka moonshine to make money, even though it was very illegal. So ppl from Kentucky tend to have a social connection with their spirits, especially bourbon. We doing usually like Tennessee very much so Tennessee Whiskey isn’t on our top ten list,

Interesting.
Not sure I’d like it unless it has a significant amount of corn???

[

North Uist Distillery

[image]
North Uist Distillery

!

Let’s get to the fav bottles I wanted to maybe cover.
Woodford Reserve
Bulleit
Blade & Bow

These are my top three. I probably have a top fifftern :). We’ll stay here for now.

Here in England’s deep south, most of the time scotch whiskey (sp) is referred to as scotch (or gold watch). Which is an Americanism, I guess.

When you say corn, you mean maize (?) I’m not sure there’s any maize in scotch.

Scotch is amazing though