Nissan Xtrail Tekna

today my car has gvone in for its annual service and MOT at Nissan. renewed the service plan for another 3 years so hopefully saving any future service price increases

1 Like

@realspeed , how much do you pay, I’m contemplating going down the brand new road and it’ll be a one time buy that will last the rest of my driving day’s, so all these things need to be factored in for the long haul .

1 Like

HI, It all depends how long you take the service plan out for and for which model Nissan. We have just ended one and taken out another for 3 years. With the service plan we take out includes RAC breakdown and MOT test. Then are you going to have a collect and deliver service when it goes in or taking the car yourself. We take ours in as Sue has a Honda Civic estate as well so no problem.

What we did was take out a 5 yr one when we bought our Nissan Xtrail Tekna Deisel new so for 5 years on no cost which actually worked out cheaper than paying each year. As for cost you are better to ask the main dealer than me
Sorry can’t be more helpful but as I said depends on model and where it sits in that range. Ours was the top model and added making it a 7 seater and had a tow bar fitted as well.
What I would say is if you do get one with sat nav it comes on a SD card and they may not have put in the latest version with up to date info on it. Main dealers try and rip you off for about £150 for a new SD card. If you go on line I got the latest version for my car for £50 so do buy new take out the SD car and check the date or V number on it against the latest on the net . watch out you also look up the right “connect” for that vehicle

we were aware ours was out of date after a new local bypass was built, The sat nav showed us going across open fields

1 Like

Can I make a suggestion? Don’t buy a brand spanking new car - it’s a great way of losing money. As soon as you drive off the forecourt the car has depreciated by at least 20%. I bought a 1yr old Nissan Qashqai last January for £14k, it had 8.5k miles and more bells and whistles than I need on it. The price of a brand new one, equal spec, was £27k.

1 Like

Or go for an ex demonstration model . I got Sue a cracking deal on an ex demo Honda civic

1 Like