Nigel Farage is back!

Nigel has reminded us that he’s still there.

In the DT, this morning he’s letting us know that he is ready.

"Conservative MPs in Red Wall seats have got the jitters, and so they should. Two polls at the weekend are causing the alarm. One puts Labour 16 per cent ahead in those key seats that Boris Johnson would need to retain to win the next general election. And a constituency poll shows there is a new threat to the Right of Johnson’s Conservative Party.

Some will argue that these are standard midterm problems and that a couple of polls mean little. But the data suggests that on the ground, something significant is happening which has, as yet, gone unnoticed in London. A revolt on the Right is brewing, and it poses a huge threat to the Prime Minister.

*This has happened before. Exactly ten years ago, I campaigned in the Barnsley Central by-election as Ukip leader. This urban South Yorkshire seat is rock solid Labour territory. Ukip barely got a mention in the polls or in media coverage of the campaign."

There are a couple more paragraphs after this but he’s making the point!

He’s ready, available & willing!

2 Likes

And Nigel would certainly get my vote…
:+1:

And Mine!

:point_up_2: :point_up_2:

1 Like

Nigel has been let down by the short-sighted electorate before now, so who could accuse him if he decided not to bother any more.
If he is thinking about coming back into the fray, though, I should certainly vote for him.

Yes, the most likely people to vote for his party would be the ‘red wall’ who, as much as the rest of us have been let down by Boris and Carrie. I believe that most of them have now lost faith in their Labour Party, which is no longer the party their dads used to vote for.
Add to that, the discontented Conservative voters, like me, and there is a potential for at least the number of votes which the Conservatives received last time to go to a new party which could take over from the Conservatives who have clearly lost their way and become a new Green-Liberal party.

The ball is, once again, in our court. I wonder how many discontented people will take advantage of it.

1 Like

Oh, dear, I’m not going to be popular over this one!

But I think he’s an obnoxious man who’s done our country a lot of harm.

He’s obviously after something again, shooting his mouth off in his usual populist style, in this article, and calling Australia Banana Republic over Djokovic. He certainly knows how to get publicity.

A bit worrying that there is a rise of far right thinking, I hope that dies down.

1 Like

Maree, you’re perfectly entitled to your opinion…
misguided though it may be. :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have to think in terms of either the Tories losing to labour “whenever”, or what a coalition might provide, as I don’t think NF would win overall.

In any event, Nigel will put the frighteners, on the inner Tories, and maybe they’ll spot the risk of further screw ups.

Farrage is to politics, what wet wipes are to drains.

3 Likes

Yes, if I were a right wing voter I’d be thinking like that too.

Because my hope is that if enough People who voted Conservative last time switch to one of Farage’s type of party, that will weaken the Conservative vote. Hopefully by enough that they lose the election.

1 Like

The public needs to have something to challenge the government for them!

KS keeps taking sickies!

Maybe. But a self-centered lier who is not interested in anyone but his himself is not that person.

Lets be honest, should someone who was himself an elected MEP, who claims that MEP’s are unelected ever be taken seriously? He is not even an intelligent lier.

This is what the system looks like:-

"Seven EU member states – including Great Britain – decided to elect their MEPs with a ‘closed’ list system. On the ballot paper, voters are presented with a list of parties. Voters vote for a party and each party decides who their candidates are and the order in which they will be elected. If a party wins enough votes for 2 candidates to be elected, the top two on the list get the seats.

19 EU countries decided to adopt more democratic ‘open’ lists systems. In these systems parties still get seats in proportion to the number of votes they receive, but voters get to vote for the individual candidates."

So, maybe it wasn’t a lie?

He’s in good company, in 1986 the World’s greatest treasurer, Paul Keating delivered his famous warning that Australia risked becoming a “banana republic”.

The comment was a reaction to figures showing the biggest current account deficit ever recorded, at 6 per cent of GDP. It was his reforms that enabled Australia to avoid a recession for over 30 years.

Mind you Keating wasn’t a posh, private school galah like Farage either, he actually got things done.

Bruce,

You have to have “Privates” to get anywhere in the UK!

:face_with_monocle:

… … and one of the reasons I watch his slots over on GB News :+1:
Farage (gbnews.uk)

1 Like

Use what ever semantics & word play you want. The reality is, the electorate voted in a fair & democratic election, so the candidates were democratically elected & Farage was an elected candidate himself for many years, so knew such a claim was untrue. Yet he made it more than once.

1 Like

It’s one thing to insult your own country, quite another to insult someone else’s.

What’s a galah? I hope it’s rude!

Shudder! And one of the reasons I avoid it like the plague :rofl:

Well Nigel let us down in the last election,
He stood down 50% of his candidates at the last minute and
deprived me of my vote !
Thus allowing the buffoon Boris to become PM !!
Nigel doesn’t seem to have the courage of his convictions when
it comes down to it IMO!
So l don’t know who l will vote for anymore?
If he does decide to compete again, l wonder what he will name
his new venture this time ??
( The Third Time Lucky Party??)
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning: