Nicknames

How did you come about that nickname DooD ?

Razor Ray, but only by Ronnie, Reggie just called me boy.

1 Like

Let me guess, you had a sharp wit hence the name Razor Ray!
Nice nickname :smiley:

Picking up where we left OFF
(pun intended)…

What were your childhood nicknames/teasing names?

Going back to what my post said originally. One girl when we called each other by backward names never stopped calling me Eerie. :grinning: Long after this, in fact years later I was in a pub with my OH & who should be there too but this girl, we hadn’t seen each other for years yet she yelled across the bar. “Wow! Hello Eerie, not seen you for a very long time”. Everyone turned to look & I yelled back, “How are you Alemap”. :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

I was always Chillie at school. Still use it for my user name. :grinning:

2 Likes

I inadvertently did the same Hanah… :wink:

It’s strange and kind of nice, how we hold the same nick names for friends from years back,

3 Likes

The boys used to call me Farrah after Farrah Fawcett Majors in Charlies Angels.(I’m a blonde)
And then when Farrah Fawcett Majors left I thought they would get another brunette to join the other two.
Nope Cheryl Ladd,who was even blonder. Anyway Farrah stuck with me until the start of college.

1 Like

Mind I feel sorry for the kids that got tagged with the cruel/belittling nick name, why ! Because that name sticks, you see someone from school, Hi John… but in your head you’re calling him Green Sleeves…(Runny nose kid no hanky)

Only just realised just much a nick name can stick

1 Like

How awesome :sunglasses: Tiffany!

Great memories!

1 Like

There must be a story behind it :hot_pepper:.
Do tell :hot_pepper:

:023:

In my opinion, that’s an awesome compliment :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, you’re right! Kids can be cruel…

Thing is the boys were ok about it.The girls were the jealous ones and always saw me as a threat, and you know what girls can be like when they’re jealous.In the end I just went around with my hair tied up.I even considered dyeing it but my mum who is also a blonde wouldn’t allow me.

1 Like

Yep…Been there, done that. Got the t-shirt too!
Never ever had close girlfriends since then! Once seriously mauled, forever shy!

1 Like

And it can live with your forever, affecting your life and self confidence,relationships way into adulthood

2 Likes

Always had a thing about Samantha Fox.
Completely gratuitous and not really the image that springs to mind but…

1 Like

:018:

You just couldn’t resist- could you…

Now that brings back awful memories for me Glenn!

Such an embarrassment

:075:

1 Like

Now I could have chosen a more, lets say, page three image but I controlled my urges and posted this very tasteful picture where her feminine charms are not displayed at all. :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

Fine! You’re forgiven!

:052:

1 Like