NHS/"Covid Pass" application - Scam!

You might be asked to buy a “Covid Pass” which shows your Covid 19 status.

The message starts with “HTTPS” which you might think make the message secure. Tapping the url takes you to a scammer site!

After the initial opening come pages asking you for name, DOB, postcode & email address they can send your Covid pass to.

They follow on to request £4.99 and require the usual (card no., expiry date, security code).

You get the message?

Notes:-

There is such a thing as a covid pass - it’s free.

2 Likes

There is no such thing as a passport, but you can get an app for your phone, where the proof you were fitted with a tracking device… Sorry, slip of the tongue. I of course meant that you were vaccinated & fitted with an NHS tracking device :sunglasses: :grin:. If you do not want to go with the app, then a last forever letter is available & both are free. And details required from you are minimal.

I have the letter & it arrived in about a week. Just give your NHS number & a few other details & it’s yours.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

2 Likes

I went online to get a letter for me and Mr M.
All they asked was name, DOB and my postcode.
Not even my doctors name. Not even my NHS number.
They send you one within 5 days .

Mr M got his … they couldn’t give me one because they only have me down as having had one jab so I’ve got to go the the doctor’s to sort out my record.

2 Likes

I don’t see the need for one,it’s allright for a younger person who wants to go clubbing or if you want to go to a football match but, I want to go to either of them

The letter I’ve got has bar and QR codes, plus a kinda watermark. Not doubt there’s more info embedded.

Like this one I googled up:

All they need to know here is your Medicare number, currently it comes with the Medicare app but soon it will be available as a big green tick on the Service NSW app ready for next month.