News that hasn't made the news... makes you wonder? (split thread)

This just reminds me to turn the heating down one degree and stop using my diesel engined vehicle…

The protests by the farmers in the Netherlands rumble on, and still not a word on the BBC…

Yeah but Fox, have yer seen what Katie has done to her Tits!!!

2 Likes

Imagine squeezing into a small lift with her…Not much room for your luggage…
:yum:
The mind boggles!

why are the headlines full of a news story about a Cardiff car crash? Surely people die in car crashes every day. What’s so significant here?

I think it’s because they weren’t found for two days.

Surely that happens in parts of the countryside? I can understand it making local news in Cardiff but it’s a main headline.

They’ve jumped on the people going missing band wagon to sell their newspapers?

1 Like

I thought it might be because they looked so extraordinary (the women). Ordinary looking folk don’t get much coverage.

Don’t most young women look like that now ? :grinning:

Haha they do have those funny groucho marx eyebrows. They are all the rage.

I’m not sure many car accidents do go undetected even in the countryside…especially with six people in them who have been reported to the police as missing.

Its weird because it was quite busy where they left the road but they ended up in bushes undetected. It must have been horrific for them especially the two survivors who possibly had to witness some of the others die and were too badly injured themselves to help…horrible

1 Like

Quite … I was instantly reminded of:

It’s an appalling situation to think about … :scream:

1 Like

Surely the police aren’t expected to patrol every single inch of all our roads ( the Cardiff one not the one posted above). I imagine a great many accidents and incidents are reported to them by the public anyway.
It seems, after the Nicola Bulley case … and probably not helped by Wayne Couzens …that the police are coming in for quite a lot of stick, some deserved some probably not.

1 Like

Quite … and what they do with those reports is, far too often, an issue:

Lamara Bell: Police Scotland admits failures over death of woman left in crashed car for three days | UK News | Sky News.

There’s a village in England called Palestine too. :wink:

3 Likes

We just need to build Jerusalem, in Englands green and pleasant land.

2 Likes

:heart: :heart: That deserves two likes Spitty…
:+1:

Indeed there is:

https://wikishire.co.uk/wiki/Palestine

Palestine is a hamlet in Hampshire, in the civil parish of Over Wallop, approximately 6 miles southwest of Andover. It lies very close to the Wiltshire border.

The hamlet consists mainly of fields, farms and a few dozen houses, with about 200 residents in all, most of the houses built as bungalows. The ancient Roman road known as the Portway passes to the north.

:thinking:

I only know about Palestine in Hampshire because two of my friends live there.
I sometimes notice the Post Office Clerk looks twice at the address label when I am posting their Birthday or Christmas gift parcels!

2 Likes