Newcastle fans frees as Arabs!

What a laugh!! Newcastle fans have been attending
matches wearing Arabic head dresses and robes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Apparently the new owners are not amused as the fans
have been asked not to do it ??
I wonder if the fans will take any notice. ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Why should they take any notice? This is supposedly a free country (debatable) and dress options are up to individual choice.

Yeah … if you’re 8 years old :laughing:

This reminds me of Dundee United who play in the Scottish premier league. Many years ago before undersoil heating was introduced Tannadice was frozen over and with fixtures piling up they brought in a road tar burner to thaw the pitch. It thawed the pitch alright but burnt the grass as well. They finished up spreading sand over the pitch to make it playable. United’s results improved and the fans started to wear keffiyehs and became known as the Arabs.

@LongDriver , Exactly my point LD ??
I was speaking TIC! If that’s possible on a forum ?
Donkeyman! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

We need a nudge-nudge smiley :+1:

1 Like

A friend who was involved in the Falklands conflict told that Islanders were known among service men as “Bennys.” As in Benny from Crossroads. The brass said that was unnaceptable & that no one was to use the term anymore. So they did not use the term any more. They called them “Stills,” instead. As in Still Bennys.

There are normally was around things.

1 Like

I don’t know what Steve Bruce got, as severence pay, but I bet he could have bought up half the teams in the lower divisions, from his spoils!

1 Like

When Roman Obramovich bought Chelsea FC…Thousands of fans took to wearing Ushankas (fur hat)

All in good fun, it also raised smiles of approval from the new owners

1 Like

It’s a pity all the black footballers don’t see the same humour instead of shouting ‘Racist’ when anyone makes a jibe. No wonder both sides get nasty when it’s not taken in the spirit in which it was initially intended.

By the way, why are there no black imojis …? I hope OFCOM haven’t noticed…
:pleading_face:

@OldGreyFox , More like OFCOM are the ones that’s banned
them OFG ??:grin::grin:
Donkeyman! :+1::+1: