Newbury Today

Some pictures of Newbury, the swan spotted me, beautiful birds!!..:heartpulse:

Processing: 2B9F23AE-3239-40C6-9C3A-4E98F2C1B9FC.jpeg…

3 Likes

Newbury canal.

Processing: 55E1B88D-B929-4445-8144-E20A0FDA8915.jpeg…

4 Likes

I love swans but they can be a real PITA when you’re fishing.

2 Likes

I can imagine that,Percy, they can be quite dangerous if crossed.

I watched two of them as they pair off,they were certainly in love, never seen anything like it, they were talking in their own language, caressing each other with their necks, fluffing up those beautiful wings, it was a joy to watch,:heartpulse:

I must look up what they eat, I know seeds are one, then feed them next time…there must be well over. 100 swans on that canal.

I wonder what they are eating, when dipping their heads in the water?

your Swan photos are lovely Pauline , and I really would love to walk round that Store , did you buy anything from there ?

1 Like

Don’t want to be rude but to me it looks as if you have a focus problem with whatever you used to take the pictures with. If using hand held try finding a support you can rest the camera on, this may help

Love Swans & it seems a nice place to visit, Pauline.

1 Like

I like you swan pictures Pauline almost as much as I like black swans. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well done!

1 Like

Hi Eliza, I forgot I posted that picture of the dresses and shoes, I thought Carol might like to see it, no I didn’t buy anything, but a bought a gold choker in the jewellery shop,:open_mouth::heartpulse:

Thanks Tiff and Mags, I have never been that close to a swan, they are so gentle with each other, this one seemed so tame.

I reckon some of the general public feed them, never saw anyone feeding them today though.

1 Like

This bush was in the water, they kept ducking their heads under the water around it, I wonder what they were eating,any ideas anyone?

Nice pics.I used to live in Reading.you can get to Newbury that way ,the Kennet joins the canal.I never did though ,looked too wet.

1 Like

I went into the Kennet centre today, it was quite costly!..:joy::open_mouth::heartpulse:

A few more, are those Canadian geese next to the swans?

This lady or fella took a liking to me as well…in the hope of being fed no doubt,:heart_eyes:

yes Newbury was an old stomping ground in my courting days. Probably wouldn’t recognize it now?

1 Like

It’s quite a historical town ,gumbud, it has many shops, always busy when I walk down town, :+1:…I try not to take my debit card with me,:rofl:

yes did I tell you my first wifes brothers wife came from there so we visited often but was back in the 60’s omg! - I remember a narrow street way entrance to drive into the town?