New type of bird in the garden

Caught this little guy in the garden helping himself to some food…!

4 Likes

Awh, that’s so adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

nice photo well done.How about trying to make a video next time. something like this to make it more interesting

then add a bit to the video

1 Like

Er… that’s PixieK’s photo :102:

1 Like

Thanks Realspeed, but I’m more of a photographer than a videographer, I’m afraid. I’ll let the experts deal with moving pictures and editing…I don’t have patience for that kind of thing. I just capture the moment :blush:

2 Likes

sorry ment PixieKnuckles. PK I think you may find doing a video is more satisfying that just pointing a camera and pressing a trigger. It doesn’t matter how bad a video is at least your having a go.

I have a saying " if your happy with what you take a photo/ video of ,then that is good enough. If others like your work as well consider it a bonus"

Forget about editing/ sound/lighting/ compositing etc etc and all the rest, that comes later. The main thing is just to capture movement first of all. You don’t even have to post anywhere just keep your efforts to yourself until your happy with what you have taken. You should have seen my first efforts I no longer have thank goodness.

the first step is to just video anything such as a flower blowing in the wind. Simple and easy to do and no one will need to see it.
if you do get intersted I am always here as other are to help

You never know what you may come across

What a cheeky chappy!

Lovely photo PK :grinning:

1 Like

yes PK does take really good photos I would be among the first to say so as well. I think she would also make good videos if she had a go

1 Like

Thank you Mags! :blush:

They are very cheeky indeed. I’m going to have use wire and clips to attach the feeders and coconuts to the branches today, because they keep throwing them off the branches to the grass, so they can eat easily. I imagine even if they had wings they couldn’t get off the ground, they are so…portly!

Thank you Realspeed :blush:

I noted your comments about taking video, and appreciate your offers of help! I like your deer video…there are lots of deer where I am, but very skittish, not calm like yours :slight_smile:

Laughing here… opportunistic critter! I know people who go to great lengths to keep squirrels out of their bird feeders…and with some success… I think all they’re doing is creating smarter squirrels.