New Tv Series Ridley

Ask Parable- he was the one who made the claim. Perhaps rules are different in Canada?

1 Like

True. Maybe he’s got a copy of the stipulations somehow. Would be an interesting read if he could download it onto here.

1 Like

You ask for evidence to my claim well unfortunately the so called evidence was removed in both a reddit and face-book. In a conversation many people where having about this very topic. I find it very upsetting that people can’t have a back and forth without someone deleting it.

Evidence in today’s society only seems to have life if it strengthens the narrative of a particular side. I really don’t think its a stretch to say the amount of LGBTQ characters we see in TV and movies today have increased past the actual percentage of the LGBTQ population. As for me, I think there should be a warning telling people about the movies or TV shows containing LGBTQ content.

3 Likes

Ah, so was this evidence factual based on script and story writers describing/sharing first-hand knowledge, or was it ephemeral and involved a discussion about coincidental similarities?

As for your other point, I tend to agree that characters and their personal life should reflect a realistic proportion comparable with real life.

1 Like

It was a writers guild forum, as for it being factual based, is anything today based of facts? and who’s facts, everyone seems to have their own version.

1 Like

I was hoping that the sent checklist you referred to in your earlier post was available to see, and in particular who might have authored and/or sent it to all writers…

I doubt it would be in writing, that may have been my poor communication skills that lead to to the conclusion. it was more verbally conveyed.

You stated that you agree that characters and their personal life should reflect a realistic proportion comparable with real life. Do you also agree that any show containing LGBTQ content show come with a viewer warning?

Life doesn’t come with a warning of LGBTQ content, and it’s not illegal, so why would a show require one? After all, the (same sex, possibly married) couple kissed once, briefly, and there was no other sexual content. I can’t recall a film/show stating a warning that kissing between two adults was going to be in it.

1 Like

After reading this post I thought I would take a look and watched it all the way through. A good
story and plot with some twists and red herrings that is what I like in a good story. Was that really
him singing at the end or was it dubbed ? Similar one to this is “One of us” a murder mystery
can’t remember what channel it was on though.

1 Like

That really was Adrian Dunbar - he has a good voice. Have pre-ordered the DVD.

2 Likes

Off topic, but watched a few minutes of a BeeGee concert a few days ago. The miming in that was terrible. People paid good money to go and see them perform live!!

Are any of them still alive, Dex?

1 Like

Barry. Although not the one who’s got me cooking.:wink:

Back to topic … Dunbar is one talented guy.

As for the show, I worked it out about halfway through about the daughter, but got the wrong murderer

Fair enough.

1 Like

That’s the trouble these days…nobody is actually allowed to dislike things. :roll_eyes: So expressing an opinion about something on TV must always be either favourable, or not commented on at all. (which is perceived to be a silent acceptance anyway) This is society today.

I know it’s hard to believe, but I got banned from BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing chatroom for expressing a slight disdain over Alesha Dixon’s qualifications to judge.

1 Like

I bet you are still having nightmares about that!!??

1 Like

FB_IMG_1662380446888

3 Likes

I watched the 1st episode of Ridley (The Peaceful Garden) on iPlayer a couple of nights ago.
I thought it was really good and the plot line kept me guessing until nearly the end.

Now I’ve just read through this thread, I’m wondering if the version I watched was different to what some other folk saw!
Did I miss something?!
I don’t recall there being any sex scenes at all - neither same-sex scenes or Hetero-sex scenes, so I don’t know why all the talk about warnings of sexual content sprang up.

Looking forward to the next episode

1 Like

Just finished watching the second episode. Have to admit, I wasn’t expecting that solution to the crime. Think it was a bit too long an explanation at the end if truth be told.

Some interesting character and back story developments this time. Suppose they need to get it done fairly quickly so it can settle into a rhythm.