New Tv Series Ridley

Looks interesting:

Has to be good - Adrian Dunbar is in it!

1 Like

I started to watch it , but there was so much to understand in the first half hour , the past and present ,And two female lovers ,I lost interest quick .

1 Like

It’s almost impossible to find a good TV show or Movie that’s not full of that kind of stuff today. If it was up to me ALL sex scenes should be left out of Movies and TV shows, there’s no reason for it.

3 Likes

yes i agree , on ALL sex scenes , If its a good story line we don’t want or need that thrown in as well , I thought with Adrian Dunbar an excellent actor that we was in for a good series .

1 Like

Adrian Dunbar is a great actor, It’s too bad because the TV and Movie writers today are given a check list of certain content they have to include or their script will be denied.

2 Likes

Are they? I didn’t know that!

1 Like

Yes unfortunately all writers are sent a checklist of at least one subject that MUST be touched on or their scripts will be rejected of of hand.

1 Like

We’ve watched the first hour and a quarter and will watch the rest tomorrow. No sex scenes so far, good paced plot, no huge list of names to try and remember who’s who and who did what.

Not really sure what you’re complaining about, but maybe it all heats up in the bit we’ve not seen yet?

maybe i was a little tired , but i just couldnt keep up , ?Did any one else think it was hard to hear the words, i kept missing some of the conversation . Mumbling I think they call it .

2 Likes

Think we’ve watched so many Vera’s over the years that we’re used to not hearing everything and to thus follow the plot via “skim listening” :wink::grin:

1 Like

Really enjoying it. Didn’t know he could sing like that either.

1 Like

Me neither. Wonder if that jazz bar ever has any customers in it :wink:

1 Like

Certainly did at the end of the episode.

1 Like

Ah, haven’t got that far yet. :relaxed:

Eliza, Yes, l also found it hard to hear the words.
I nearly, nearly gave up on it and then it got a bit better towards the end.
I also noticed that it ticked all the boxes!

I quite liked Adrian Dunbar’s singing voice and wondered if he’s looking for a record deal!

1 Like

So much for free speech and artistic licence!

1 Like

i might watch it on Iplayer, then i can wind it forward to miss any scene i dont want to watch , and wind it back to listen and catch what i missed in the muffled/mumbled conversation .
I also liked Adrians singing voice .

1 Like

Adrian Dunbar? Yes - he has a really good voice.

That’s SO true, It’s sad isn’t it.

1 Like