New taxation office in Newcastle?

Reported in the guardian, Tory donor directors of a millionaire
owned property company have signed a lease with HMRC
to let an office block in Newcastle to accommodate 9,000
taxation officers working on tax evasion ?
The property
company involved was formed through a British
virgin isles company before registering in the UK ?
And now they have landed this lucrative contract with the
very people that will be checking their books ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Well, I’m guessing that while what they do may be greedily exploiting tax loopholes, none of it’s illegal under current law?

And the profit made from the building will be subject to U.K. tax laws?

It’s down to U.K. government to change the law to crack down on offshore tax avoidance so HMRC can take action but that’s not likely what with Johnson wanting to turn as into Singapore!

So I don’t suppose it matters much who HMRC rents the building from, I doubt if any owners of such buildings are squeaky clean when it comes to tax.

It will be good for Newcastle and a relief to those currently working in Newcastle for HMRC that the regional office will be there and they won’t get disbanded or have to travel to a regional office miles away.

I can’t imagine HMRC investigators going easy on a company just because they’re their landlords. Probably quite the reverse if the lifts break down or the tea point stops working :rofl:

But it does leave a sour taste seeing HMRC giving business to tax avoiders. If you sup with devil you need a long spoon.

@Maree , l have to agree with all your points Maree, but l begin
to doubt that HMRC are really working with the best inteterests
of the tax payer at heart, as they are taking so long to get the
politicians to change the laws to that need changing to restore
the balance to the tax system again it makes me think they
are actually colluding ?
Perhaps the Taxpayers Alliance should start their own political
party and the HMRC should change it’s name to the
TAX PAYERS REVENUE COLLECTOR ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

It does seem to take a long time and you wonder if the will is there to go after the difficult cases, they seem to go for the easy ones

But that doesn’t let the government off the hook and I think they collude with tax dodgers by not changing the law because they and so many of their mates and people who donate to their party are tax dodgers