New Oven Pans

I’m intending to replace a number of oven pans, roasting dishes, baking trays etc.
They’ve all become pretty grotty over the years, and wondering where to go and what kind of finish is best.
Any ideas please?

If you want to ‘buy British’ Dunelm has a good select at reasonable prices.
Procook also have a good select but a lot of them are made in China, same with The Range.

1 Like

My advice would be, pay more and get good quality ones, mine are prestige pans, had them over 9 years, still like new.

1 Like

ruthio, I would also advise you to pay more, or try and get the best quality when they are in the sales.

My set of saucepans are made by Myers (a six-piece set 18/10 stainless steel) and they are still going strong after 20 years.

For roasting pans l will only use hard anodised aluminium bakeware. Mine are made by Alan Silverwood and Mermaid.

I also have Le Creuset ovenware, that l love.

When l was buying the saucepan set, l asked the sales person in House Of Fraser, if the handles get hot whilst in use. She said, no but they did.
I realised after l should have been more specific and referred to the handles on the lids, not the saucepan handle itself.
This is because the lid handles get hot and it’s no pleasure when straining liquid out.

1 Like

I like IKEA stainless steel roasting tins, no non stick on them so I can give them a good scrub

And their anodised aluminium baking tray is good too. I use a washable silicone baking sheet on it if I’m worried about sticking

1 Like

Art I have Myers too they are very good .
Except for the frying pan which is is another make .
I only bought it last year it has a lifetime guarantee but is already looking worse for wear .
This is due to my husband who is death to all frying pans he doesn’t use any oil or butter just plonks things in the pan .
I have given up caring .

1 Like

Let us know what you decide to get, ruthio, maybe post a pic, I like looking at that sort of stuff/ pans.

Wow! Thanks everyone this is really interesting, I’m on a steep learning curve here!
So Myer owns Prestige, Heston, Joe Wicks etc etc
Back later…:+1::+1:

I dearn’t say about handles getting hot or getting a firm grip on them, far too rude. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
It’s ok I am in my funny mood and ready to laugh at anything

1 Like

I’ve just replaced a lot due to having my oven etc professionally cleaned.
I bought mine in Tesco.

I recently replaced some of my cooking trays, roasting dishes and frying pan. I looked at The Hairy Bikers range and they looked just the job so I bought them and have been very pleased. I bought mine in Home Bargains but other places do them too.

@ruthio - but most of their stuff is made in China. Some in Italy and/or Thailand - but mainly China.

All ordered now, spent ages researching!
Went for Prestige in the end, in their Sale the heavy gauge “cushioned” set all half price.
So the baking trays were reduced half price down from £25, and the roasters half price down from £30.
So I ended up paying £50 or so instead of over £100! Woo hoo!!
Thanks all for really interesting and helpful replies x

1 Like