New Member - Scotland

Just a quick post to say hi! Dipping my toes in the forums to see if it will help with the increasing sense of having no one around since being widowed in 2017. Living in the NE of Scotland with glorious walks and beaches here.

Hi Tracy,

Welcome to OFF - hope you enjoy your time here. There’s quite a few of your fellow Scots here. There’s also a separate thread that you can look into for our Scottish members. Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3) - Over 50s Forum

Hi Tracy :039:
Welcome
Jump right on in, the water is lovely here!

Hello Tracy :slight_smile: a very warm welcome to Over50sForum…

I hope you will enjoy your time here with us.

Hiya Tracy!

The only things I know about Moray are eels and firths.

Shall have to google…

Edit…ooh! There be lots of dolphins and whales! :smiley:

Hi Tracy
Welcome from me, a fellow Scot. I lived near Montrose but mostly grew up on a hill farm near Kirriemuir.

Dolphins and whales … and wind and rain with the occasional break for sunshine :smiley:

I’ve only been here since the end of 2015 but love the area. Just still finding my feet having been a full time carer for the early part of my time here.

Hello Tracy welcome :slight_smile:

I know the area a bit. We had family in Buckie and one of my aunts and her husband had a hotel in Inverness.

I forgot to mention that we have a Collie too. Also a rescue.

http://i.imgur.com/zJmImjO.jpg

I’m biased …but they ARE the best dogs!

Generally regarded as the most intelligent breed.
Max doing his wolf impersonation.

http://i.imgur.com/u5OEP67.jpg

Aye aye Quine, Fit like?

Handsome! This is my Megan (RIP) - She was a bonnie lass!

What a leap!

What was she going in after?

Probably a tennis ball - not many times you would see her without either a tennis ball or stick in tow.

Great action shot…:023:

When I took one of mine for walks in the woods, she would leap into the stream, which was a pain as it was right at the end of the walk, just before getting back in the car. :frowning:

I had to try to remember to put her on the lead when we got to a certain point!

One day, after a very rainy few days, she leapt in and completely disappeared! The stream was a lot deeper than normal! She looked a bit shocked!
It didn’t cure her, though!

Funny, because my other one would skirt puddles! She didn’t like the water!

Oh! Puddles, water, sea, MUD - then Max, my youngest has to go in it, as evidenced below!!!

Hi Tracy and welcome, hope you enjoy yourself on here. :slight_smile: