New member. I joined two weeks but have only been active for a week

I was born on that beautiful island at the bottom of Australia.
Do you know where I am talking about? Separated from the mainland by Bass Strait? Still no idea?
Tasmania is my birth place.
The island is Australia’s largest, at 26,000 sq ml and has 2,906 mountains.
Go visit if you want to see natural beauty.
I currently live in Perth, Western Australia which is 37 times the size of Tasmania.
I love nature and spending time in the bush. Love sleeping under the stars.
It seems with every passing year my love of the Aussie Bush just grows and grows.
I can spend hours alone in Nature, not even wanting to go back to civilisation.
I am a loner at heart, only truly at peace in the bush with the Kangaroos and Snakes.
Enjoy expressing myself through words.
1000 piece jigsaw puzzles help to pass those quite hours as do crosswords.
I really enjoy amateur wildlife photography.
I take an interest in Politics and quite often write to Politicians to express my disapproval of policies that malign the disadvantaged.
I have an Empathy for those abused as children as well as the down trodden

4 Likes

Welcome! Great post and nice to see you posting on the forum.

Hope you have a fun time here. :039:

4 Likes

Thank you so much.
Brush Tailed Rock Wallaby Joey
Brush-tail-rock-wallaby-Taronga-Featured

5 Likes

Hi & welcome to 50s Bretrick :mini: :mini:

That wallaby what a little dear heart .

4 Likes

Thank you so much.
All young critters are cute, yes?
Koala joey

4 Likes

Lovely photos of the animals, @Bretrick …. :clap:

3 Likes

The two photos on this post are not mine though.
I have my own photos which I will upload to my profile in the future.
Here is one of mine
Little Corella getting ready for take off

4 Likes

Have we met elsewhere?:grinning:
Mmm…

1 Like

Oh, I see. Van Dieman’s Land was used as a penal colony by the Brits for their norty citizens. Are you a descendent by any chance :wink: LOL!

1 Like

Hmmm, Furries do abound, maybe our paths have crossed here in the ethereal WWW. Hmmm :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:grinning:.,.,.

2 Likes

There is a high possibility one of my forebears was a convict. :slightly_smiling_face:
Our ancestral home is County Roscommon, Ireland.

3 Likes

Hi Brett nice to meet you, i have distant rellies in Tazzie… the Trotters…
i too love the outdoors but dont manage many adventures nowadays
i used to fish and play golf [both at the same time when i had a bad day on the golf course…lol]
i always fancied Austrailia i know several family members got sent there…lol… and a lot more spent a tenner and migrated, they all stayed… i only migrated south like the birds do and live in Yorkshire for the summer but get on the plane come October, and winter in Goa, India… nice to hear from you

3 Likes

Thank you for your greeting.
Tasmania is beautiful though rather cold in the winter.
I was born on the West Coast and there it averages 300 days a year of rain. 2.4 metres, almost 8 ’

2 Likes

the 8’ made me smile, i visited India as soon as i was allowed to [after covid] last april in fact…mmmm …monsoon… it was awesome, but i will try not to see it again, but everything was amazing…
when i normally vist its winter here, and there,
their winter is wonderful, around xmas, its about 30c during the day, but its quite cool at night, we are still in short sleeves but see Indians with ear muffs on, you feel it yourself when riding a scooter, your lugs feel it first…

2 Likes

Welcome to our forum Brett, although I have already written to you on here, have only just noticed this message. We do have quite a few Australians on this forum.

Hope you enjoy it on here.

2 Likes

Thank you Susie. I am enjoying my time here thus far.
Noticing a number of Aussies.

2 Likes

Oh yeah cobber, fair dinkum; we’ve our fair share of those with dunny budgie experience, especially after they’ve tied a few on mate and even the occasional sandgroper such as your good self :+1::wink::grin:

2 Likes

Strewth mate, we’re a weird mob. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Nah, not weird but good for a laugh, especially when I’m a tad glum. I used to be a member of an Aussie forum but fell foul of it’s rock prawn of a moderator for my langauge …no sense of humour some people and he certainly wasn’t the full quid :grin:

2 Likes