New member Good evening all

Welcome, Mazza!

Are you named after the football chap?

1 Like

Hello Spifire!

Shoot down as many Dorniers as you can!

1 Like

Hi, no, had the nickname since an Apprentice as I was always told I looked Italian or Spanish hence Mazza which came from Mario :grinning: !

1 Like

Hi, both, spent a lot of my life in the motor trade, apprenticeship at a Lotus dealer, many years at BMW and a little of everything in between. Love Hillclimbs, sprints etc but definitely not F1.
Currently have a 1974 Ducati 350 single which I’ve rebuilt. Also love motorcycle roadracing
. I could go on !!!

2 Likes

Do go on! I had a car before I had a motorbike. It was a Matchless 350 fifty. Someone else discarded it on the farm. I refurbished it sufficiently so that I could tun around the farm and the fields with my dog.

1 Like

Glad to hear it, good man HaHa

Hi, No got shortened from Mario as my work colleagues thought I looked Italian ( when I had hair that is) haha

Now that sounds like a plan !!!

Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

Nothing wrong with a little grumpiness, haha

Always liked Italian machinery myself, just something about them.

Yep, always scanning the ground or beach, something very satisfying picking up some old tat haha

1 Like

Well Mazza, with your workshop experience we may be able to Rebore folk. :icon_wink: :racing_car:

hey spitty, you saying we are all bored and need reboring :grinning:

Maybe just a bit of honing.

I have been around a bit but I have confess not a lot of Italian kit. Mostly we did paper mills. These were big machines typically 50-100m long and up to 1,000 kW. One of the more interesting projects, at least for me, were the Canadian icebreakers. Very powerful vessels.

Haha, see wot you did there :rofl::rofl:

Wow, that’s some machinery. Largest I’ve been involved with were 20 cyl GE Janbacher methane gas engines powering generators on landfill sites.

I appreciate your comments and that have joined in seamlessly!
It was the nature of my job and I enjoyed it. I’m in my seventies now and I mostly stroll my lovely big dog and enjoy our lovely neighbours.

Hi Mazza!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay. Looks like you already fit right in.