New member Good evening all

Evening all. Never subscribed to one of these sites before so be easy on me !
60 year old semi Victor Meldrew with a passion for 20th century history, anything with an engine wings or wheels, painting and drawing, mudlarking. Have I bored you enough yet haha

4 Likes

Hi Mazza, I’m new also, if we pool resources, we can really bore folk. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello Mazza :slightly_smiling_face: a warm welcome to Over50sChat….

1 Like

Hi Mazza! I’m the grumpy old Scotsman - a lot like Victor Meldrew. My field is/was industrial electronics which I enjoyed and it got me all over the globe. And yes, I like wheels.

2 Likes

Wotcha Mazza!
Mudlarking you say? :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Mazza, is that short for Maserati ?
Are you four wheels or two ?
You should get on well with Spitfire !
Good luck! :+1::grin::+1:

1 Like

'ello Mazza, be aware, i’m the only sane person in here :crazy_face: :money_mouth_face: :woozy_face: :smiling_imp: :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Welcome, Mazza!

Are you named after the football chap?

1 Like

Hello Spifire!

Shoot down as many Dorniers as you can!

1 Like

Hi, no, had the nickname since an Apprentice as I was always told I looked Italian or Spanish hence Mazza which came from Mario :grinning: !

1 Like

Hi, both, spent a lot of my life in the motor trade, apprenticeship at a Lotus dealer, many years at BMW and a little of everything in between. Love Hillclimbs, sprints etc but definitely not F1.
Currently have a 1974 Ducati 350 single which I’ve rebuilt. Also love motorcycle roadracing
. I could go on !!!

2 Likes

Do go on! I had a car before I had a motorbike. It was a Matchless 350 fifty. Someone else discarded it on the farm. I refurbished it sufficiently so that I could tun around the farm and the fields with my dog.

1 Like

Glad to hear it, good man HaHa

Hi, No got shortened from Mario as my work colleagues thought I looked Italian ( when I had hair that is) haha

Now that sounds like a plan !!!

Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

Nothing wrong with a little grumpiness, haha

Always liked Italian machinery myself, just something about them.

Yep, always scanning the ground or beach, something very satisfying picking up some old tat haha

1 Like

Well Mazza, with your workshop experience we may be able to Rebore folk. :icon_wink: :racing_car: