New House New Project

Looks a fab place Summer, I love that shade of yellow don’t you… :lol:

Best of luck with the project though, exciting times and really look forward to seeing the transformation. :slight_smile:

Summer I can see why you like this house and I know from experience that worries about the hard work go out of the window when you have fallen in love with it!

Here is a tip though, if you have horses and sheep in a field behind. Make sure that you have a sturdy fence or hedge on your boundary!
When I first moved to my place I had to encourage cows to go back to the field, imagine looking out of the window & seeing a cow on the garden! When the horses were stabled here they learned that I gave them carrots and if I was late they would come to remind me… and they were big enough to jump over my hedge at that time!:lol:

Flippin’ 'eck Summer, that looks a great place. We’ve just started getting things done in our new place. A sparky will be here on Tuesday to fit new lights and sockets and to replace some dodgy wiring in the garage. In a couple of weeks, the painter will be here to paint over all the dark brown wood panelling with egg-shell paint - anything to lighten the very dark hall way. In the summer we’ve decided to have the windows changed because so many of the double glazed units have blown and none of the frames have trickle vents (leading to dampness around the existing frames). Then there’s the remains of the chimney breast to take out and floor boards and carpets to change.

Good luck.

can I book a room, it’ll look palatial when its done, its already beautiful Summer, I can’t wait to one day come and see it for myself! xxx

Great colour isn’t it Barry there are some interesting colours in the house the hall is shocking pink :slight_smile:

Its never ending isn’t it Percy …its worth it though and I enjoy the adventure of it all…seeing it all done and the improvements…its like…I did that …yay!!

Thank you Jazzi :slight_smile:

Course you can come…you have looked at the whole house so I’m glad you still like it :slight_smile: we just need this lockdown over now Queenie…enough is enough:)

Hi Twinks…yes I have been warned about the sheep there are some apple trees in the garden and they like to pop over and help themselves apparently…I cant wait to see the cats reaction to them…they have never seen sheep before :slight_smile:

Summer, :slight_smile: It looks really lovely, bright, light and airy and so much potential.

Regarding if you’ve made the right decision and taken a lot on, l say YOLO, you only come this way once. You sound really happy and upbeat about this new project, so l think you’ve made the right decision.
I love the shape of the windows too.
The two small arches by the fireplace in the room put me in mind of Twink’s house in her pics. Sure you haven’t bought Twink’s house? :lol:

I would have loved to have seen the garden though!

Thanks Arti I will put some pics of the garden up later.

Wow have a great time look forward to the in the process photo’s

Hi

Summer, seriously not something I would do again, downsized over 2 years ago and still not finished.

You are an amazing lady and very lucky to have Mr Summer.

Morning everyone

Just a quick update…moved in just over a week ago so it still feels like camping right now. Chatted to an architect he is drawing up some plans also have had 4 window companies here to give quotes but havent got any yet still waiting to hear…I know we will be shocked at the cost :slight_smile:

Planned some fitted bedroom furniture yesterday…ordering that today…organised some trees for removal thats done …can you believe it cost 3k but they were some 60ft trees and smaller ones…at least some light is getting in through the windows now. Sky man broke a telly when he came to fit sky so sorted that.

So far it seems to be going to plan but everything is so slow for instance the architect needs 4 weeks to draw up plans then its at least 8 weeks for planning permission…why does everything take so long. I’ve been through this many times before but you forget all the waiting about…oh well we’ll get there :slight_smile:

The cats have settled a treat…I thought when they saw the sheep over the wall at the back they would think they were monsters but they weren’t in the least bit bothered…onwards and upwards :slight_smile:

Forgot to say more photos later.

Your house looks amazing! Beautiful windows too! :smiley:

Hi Summer :slight_smile: at least you have made a starts and I am sure it will all be worth it when the house is finished.
I don’t know why these things take so long.
It took my son 2 years to get his house built thanks to bats living in the loft :shock:

Looking forward to seeing more pictures…

Looks full of character,summer, can’t wait to see your stamp put on it.

I look forward to that and thank you for the update.
:slight_smile: