New Drama . . . . 'Chloe'

Did anyone watch this new thriller drama on TV tonight?
BBC1 at 9pm.

I thought it was pretty weird, and couldn’t make half of it out.
Next episode tomorrow night.

Mups, l watched it but l couldn’t really understand it. It was totally weird.

I did like how she gate crashed events! The nerve of her made me laugh, especially when she was sussed by Josh, re her three different ‘names’!

Yes, and then she charged in the ‘Gents’ after him, didn’t she. :smiley:

I couldn’t make half of it out either, Art.
Might try again tomorrow, but if it’s still the same, probably won’t bother any more.

Mups, l have the series on record, so l will see if it improves and becomes more self explanatory.

I didn’t get a nice feel from it because of its weirdness!!

I watched 15 mins of it but it didn’t grab me so we watched a DVD.

Can anyone explain why she was pouring her urine sample into the bottle? Was it her boss’s bottle of drink?
I thought she took the sample to see if she was pregnant by Josh!

Doesn’t appeal, don’t think I’ll bother.

L

It was her boss’ decanter of whisky or brandy.

We’re giving tonight’s episode a go just to see what happens because I wasn’t that particularly struck by the first one - in fact I think I fell asleep part way through.

I wondered the same, Art.
I thought she was doing a pregnancy test too, but couldn’t make out why she poured in the decanter.
It’s certainly a weird drama, this one.

Can you answer me something please? Who is/was ‘Chloe’ to the weird Becky in the first place?
I know Becky followed her on social media, but was Chloe her boss, or a celeb, or an ex-friend - or what?

Have not watched and proble wont, but looked up the story line on IMDb…,.

Still living with her mother and working as a temp, Becky compares herself to the picture-perfect lives on Instagram, compulsively returning to one account: Chloe’s (Gilbert). Becky obsessively watches her seemingly flawless life through social media. But when Chloe dies suddenly, Becky’s need to find out how and why leads her to assume a new identity and engineer a “chance” meeting with Chloe’s best friend, Livia (Bennett-Warner), and infiltrate Chloe’s group of close-knit friends. Through her alter-ego Sasha, Becky becomes a powerful, transgressive heroine; a popular, well-connected “someone” with a life, and loves, that are far more exciting and addictive than the “no one” she is as Becky. However, the pretense soon obscures and conflates reality, and Becky risks losing herself completely in the game she is playing.

Thanks Galty. I understand it a bit better now. :+1:

It seemed to suggest Chloe and Becky were friends during childhood/teens last night too
And that Chloe tried to call Becky in her darkest moments before taking her own life
Thinking I’ll stick with it for now…
I loved her nerve too… made me laugh out loud…
But it’ll all backfire eventually :open_mouth:!

We watched it and it was a bit confusing. Becky and Chloe were teenage friends and as far as I can make out Chloe rang her before committing suicide.

I think the actress who plays Becky is doing a good job switching between her humble background and west country accent to mixing with the posh set and taking on a more plumby accent.

Only thing is, if I persevere again tonight with this one, I shall miss another new one starting on Ch.3 tonight, also at 9 pm with Sheridan Smith - called ‘No Return.’

Decisions . . decisions . .

Mups, Why can’t you watch ‘No Return’ on Channel 3 + 1?

I forgot to comment on her relationship with her mother!
I thought what a horrible mother saying words to the effect of, ‘No wonder no one wants you’.
Then later, a nurse or carer is with her, saying she needs more care. Alzheimer’s ?

I suppose because 3+1 it’s not mentioned in my TV guide. Didn’t even know what the ch. number was. :roll_eyes:
Just looked it up. Thanks Art.

BTW, I didn’t watch ‘Chloe’ in the end. She’s too weird for me.

1 Like

I’ve just watched it and l thought it was good. I think l’m getting used to her weirdness and downright audacity! :laughing:

Agreed except to say it was more than a bit confusing to me. :lol: I can’t tell whether Chloe’s phone call did actually happen or it was a daydream on Becky’s part.

I am recording it so will give a go to tomorrow