New and Nervous

Thank you so much Martin, that’s very encouraging. I do love a bit of splendidity.

1 Like

Thank you Bret, I really appreciate the welcome. My name is pronounced Awa with a little hint of a hard g in the w, it’s Spanish for water. I like both water and Spanish, hence…

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Agua! :wave:

Looks like you’ve already got the hang of it. :slightly_smiling_face: Nice to see you posting.

It’s lovely to be so welcomed and encouraged, thank you so much.

1 Like

Hi Agua, I’m new here as well.
The folk seem ok.
I just need to learn how to use this site to get the best out of it.
I’m in Herefordshire.

2 Likes

Hi Agua and welcome. We really are a social bunch - even me, the Grumpy Old Scotsman!

1 Like

erm plural Besoeker, im even grumpier hence the nom…lol…
yes welcome Agua, you are all welcome, so many new points of view and opinions

C’mon - I’m a Ginger and a Scotsman !!

I give in…lol…my mum was a proper redhead freckles and all, my hair could be auburn in sunlight but as i got older it got darker…
but i was a tenor drummer in the Pipe Band and played in both Hampden Park and Edinburgh castle, and own two kilts…come on trump that…lol

1 Like

Now yer talking ! My father was in the Cameron Highlanders. Kilt and all. And I played in a Scottish band, with my fiddle.

1 Like

…so agwa’s alright is it??

oh my god, i love fiddle music, i hope you play regular, it puts a smile on faces, your my hero…lol

absolutely!

Unfortunately, I had a seriously illness a few years ago so there are lots of things I can’t do.- including speech.

1 Like

Agua ?? - still feeling nervous ?? - cos we can’t hold back for ever??

1 Like

I’m feeling far less nervous, thank you so much Bret. Can’t hold back??? Are you going to launch a major tease?!

1 Like

just give me the lead in line and I’ll give it a try!! - all new comers have an inaugruation ceremony!!

Should that be an in Aguaration ceremony?

1 Like

doesn’t matter what we call it but when I get the cue you’ll recognize it OK new and nervous give us an opener?/

Aguathon, perhaps.
Initiation ceremonies need stamina… when my brother began work in the Far East he was required to go through a complex initiation which included imbibing flaming drinks. His co-iniatee made the fatal mistake of breathing in through his nose whilst drinking, thereby setting all his nose hairs alight and having to be hospitalised then repatriated.
I hope this one will not be as challenging…
So, whether enjoyable or hellish, what do you think the ideal initiation ceremony should include?

1 Like