New and Nervous

Hello! I haven’t done anything like this for about 20 years and am nervous to say the least… live in London… lots of interests but don’t really know how to start. Perhaps the best thing to do is keep schtum and watch the chats? I’d love to make some new friends!

6 Likes

Hello Agua and welcome.
Nothing wrong with having a good lurk for a bit :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Agua welcome along :sunglasses::grinning:
I’ve only been here for a few days myself but it’s very friendly. Feel free to jump in on any conversation that interests you. Nobody’s bitten me yet. :+1:

1 Like

Hi Agua - Welcome to the forum.
You can lurk for a while or just jump right in and post on threads that catch your attention.
I was a member here for ages, just reading threads before I dared to post any comments - but I needn’t have worried - when I did eventually start posting, I was acknowledged and treated the same as members who had been posting for years.
So come on in and make yourself at home - they’re not a bad lot here - and we don’t bite! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello Agua, a warm welcome to Over50sChat, hope you enjoy your time here… :grinning:

1 Like

No need to be nervous Agua, just let uncle Foxy show you the ropes… :nerd_face:
Only joking, I think you will find that most members have a very good sense of humour and will be gentle with you…
:+1:

2 Likes

…and it’s a good evening Agua from me, As I usually say to most newbies, just jump in, have fun and enjoy yourself. Oh and welcome.

1 Like

Thank you so much Mad-Ralph and Boot for the great advice. I’ll do a bit of lurking and see how everyone else does it, post I mean! Many thanks indeed for the welcome

1 Like

Just get started Agua we are all a bunch of pussy cats here :innocent:

2 Likes

Amen to that Muddy…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Agua… welcome and enjoy the forum!

1 Like

Welcome to the madhouse Agua just jump right in and you will soon feel at home

1 Like

Welcome.from me too :sunny:

1 Like

Hi Agua - welcome - how do we pronounce your name by the bye??

1 Like

Hello Agua and welcome to this splendid meeting place. You need not worry about fitting in because we have all sorts in here AND it accepted me, so I just know you’ll love it :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much Martin, that’s very encouraging. I do love a bit of splendidity.

1 Like

Thank you Bret, I really appreciate the welcome. My name is pronounced Awa with a little hint of a hard g in the w, it’s Spanish for water. I like both water and Spanish, hence…

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Agua! :wave:

Looks like you’ve already got the hang of it. :slightly_smiling_face: Nice to see you posting.

It’s lovely to be so welcomed and encouraged, thank you so much.

1 Like

Hi Agua, I’m new here as well.
The folk seem ok.
I just need to learn how to use this site to get the best out of it.
I’m in Herefordshire.

2 Likes