New - and expensive - dentistry treatments

My dentist has decide I’ve ‘worn down’ my front lower-jaw teeth by over-brushing and says I need an appointment for “reline and tooth build up”…£300 ! Have you had this treatment? Is it commonly used? Personally I don’t think my front teeth look any different to the way they’ve looked for many years… and I have other things I could spend my £300 on.

The Teeth would benefit the refine because it makes the Teeth
with these conditions 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧 and are very susceptible to decay.

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝟕𝟓% 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐲 begins in these deep grooves.
I do think it would be worth the £300, dentistry is not the cheapest treatment we need and we need it regularly as well.

2 Likes

Take a very close look at your gingival margin (where the gum meets the tooth) and I expect you will see that grooved wear caused by brushing from side to side as against the correct up-down movements. It’s that grooved wear that you dentist will rebuild.

1 Like

Yes, I have had it done but it didn’t cost anything like $600 for the lot. I am not sure if it has made that much difference though. The dentist assures me it has, he charged me about half that.

1 Like

Thanks for all these replies. You’ve all reassured me this treatment has been tried and tested and is worth the cost. I’m feeling much better about it now…

I would ask the dentist about the risks and whether it will need replacing in the future or require removal or drilling of your teeth.

1 Like

I go for regular dental checkups, my teeth are basically fine, but my dentist has been saying similar to yours Lofty.
He doesn’t push any treatments or tell me they’re necessary so i wont be having that treatment.
I would pay if i thought it appropriate though.

1 Like