Neighbours (update)

Hi

There were two separate problems in my OP, Cats and Idiots.

Different things.

Idiots are sorted by razor wire.

Cats are different, clever little things, but I do not like them, they kill my birds, and i love seeing the wild birds in my garden.

I have a cat tunnel, same as the frog tunnel.

Ancient cuddly cat wanders through and is no problem at al

It works for me.

I have a bag of her favourite treats and she can be very annoying until she gets one. She has no chance at all of catching a bird.

I think that’s the general idea - damage to would-be intruders and vandals. :023:

I think you’re doing a fantastic job with managing it all. Kudo’s to you oh weary garden tender.

Still trying to figure that Plonker…Something about achievements…,weary garden tender…no clue yet…I see when you go to google translate there is no English to American translations…but them I saw this link…ok it’s long but very factual, well factual as far as the British way of thinking is…Life is a learning curve…

Got a picture?

lol

I’ll just say that “Traditions” are just peer pressure from dead people.

I would like to see one too actually! I’ve never seen anyone’s garden with razor wire on it. :shock:

I’ve seen a few. The last was at an oil refinery in Scotland.

Same here. I’ve seen electric fences, in one case just a couple of cms above the earth for one conductor and the second about 10 cms above the first to keep cats out (bastards) and others about waist height but even barbed wire would be VERY problematic in a domestic setting.

Now there is a scary thought!:smiley:

Yep, just like some Ladies.:lol::wink:

:044::044::044:

Nowt wrong wiv lectric fences !
You get used to them after a while !!

Donkeyman!

Very true actually. High voltage but low current. Best not to piddle on one though. THAT you never get used to!

Remember when walls were topped with broken glass set in cement?

Certainly do. That’s a thing that would be very hard to find now though.

Razor wire. Broken glass set in cement.

Yes, I remember the latter when ah wer a lad, on the wall surrounding the local cricket pitch, for example. Both illegal now, I should imagine, unless accompanied with illuminated warning signs, safety barriers and first-aid boxes fitted to the wall!

When we first moved into our house, it wasn’t long before we had some ‘visitors’ climbing over our garage to get in. They ran away to a neighbouring property when the police came.

I wasn’t entirely happy with that, of course, so added some barbed wire (didn’t have any new-fangled razor wire) in appropriate places.

I didn’t leave it long, though… not when it became apparent that criminals have more rights than home owners. So I reluctantly disposed of it.

Fortunately, we haven’t had any more such trouble since - touch wood.
Not since I bought my double-barrelled shotgun anyway.
(Only joking!)

I am still wondering.:-D:-D

They probably can’t get through the razor wire to get to the tunnel, Tabs. :slight_smile:

I remember my Dad did that years ago when we lived in an old house. He cemented broken glass on the outside toilet roof (Dunny to you :-p), because there were reports of a few break-ins. Low and behold, a few weeks later, blood was found up there.