Neighbours Finishes

The show that bought you Kyle Minogue and kept actors in work during good times and bad has screened its last episode.

I have to be honest and say that I have never actually watched a whole episode, though many, many years ago I did watch odd bits when I happened to know the actress making an appearance.

Will you miss it?

Warning the following article contains spoilers if you live in the UK.

If you have half an hour to waste

It was so good no one in Oz watched it.

1 Like

Never heard of it.

Oh yeah, I remember Paul, Harold, Madge, Lou circa mid 90s when working from home.

I had to laugh, you know more about it than I do. I don’t think I could name one character. I have been desperately trying to remember Kylie and Jason Donovan’s character’s names.

Well, we’ve watched it from the beginning, 37 years ago, I couldn’t say we’ve seen every episode as I’m sure we stopped for a bit, but mrs,p says we did see every one, yes, it’s a sad day for us neighbours fans, not sure what we’re going to watch now, we don’t watch any other soaps

I think I kind of assumed that was their character names. They were famous here in London back in the 90s for being ex Neighbours. They went on to do other stuff, but would they be famous now if they were not famous to begin with??

I had to look it up - Charlene and Scott were their characters. Appearing in Neighbours definitely was the start of their careers that is for sure.

There wouldn’t be many Australian actors that haven’t appeared in Neighbours, I know that Russell Crowe, Margot Robbie and Liam Hemsworth did early in their careers. Don’t think Nichole Kidman did but she was in a rival soap called “A Country Practice” in the 80s frizzy red hair and all.

Anna Torv from Secret City is a sexy beast.

I think I watched a couple of episodes back when Kylie and Jason were teenagers? Very young anyway. I remember Marge & Harold vaguely. I watched more of Home & Away when it was on, but that was years ago again. I won’t miss it, no.

Didn’t watch it
bring back Crossroads!

Yay 
 Sandy and Benny 
 used to watch that after school.

1 Like

Didn’t we all?
Some people just don’t like to admit it :wink:

1 Like

Can’t get Bruce’s video from the first post to work.
It just says . . . “This video is Private.”
What’s that all about? :thinking:

I was an avid watcher of neighbours in my young years, I loved Scott and Charlene and Madge and Harold Bishop and I was a huge fan of Charlene, Kylie Minogue. I remember wishing I had her hair, all wavy and lovely. If it was back then I’d be right fed up it was ending but now I’m not bothered as I haven’t watched it in years.

End of an era for hardcore Neighbours fans.

It might be restricted because it contains spoilers for the show which was broadcast last night here but not overseas. (I don’t know if that is the case)

Oh, Ok, thanks Bruce.

I remember ‘Home and Away’ - saw a few episodes and was rather shocked that so many of the older school children were obviously bed hopping and no-one seemed to mind!

Don’t remember ‘Neighbours’ at all.

Wasn’t there a prison one as well - or did I just make that up?

Prisoner Cell block H or just Prisoner in Oz.
Essential viewing for my BH’s mother apparently.