NAPOLINA -PASSATA - FARM FOODS-19p

I don’t go in often but my mate sent word of a passata bargain so off I trotted :grinning:

NAPOLINA passata 19p each (it’s a £1 in Tescos)

The Best before date is the end of September but it’s only Best Before, not Use By, so I’m sure they’ll last longer than that and I could always freeze them

I won’t need to though, I’m making different varieties of tomato soup! Then we’ll have my spicy chicken pasta and just plain, mixed with Philadelphia on sphaghetti with some garlic bread……and it’s gone!

They had figs 49p and pears 59p too, so I’m glad I went in :+1:

2 Likes

I love Napolina products but they’ve become very expensive so special offers are worth looking out for … :tomato:

1 Like

I usually buy that brand, when I make pizza, I just add tomato purée to thicken up, then throw in some herbs, 19p…WOW!!

I’ve been buying Lidl’s one lately, 49p…that chicken pasta sounds interesting, I make chicken pasta bake, with tinned toms and mascarpone cheese.

2 Likes

Bargains to be had this week in Farmfoods this week if you’ve got one near you and can pop in.

4 tins of Naoplina chopped tomatoes with herbs for £1. £1.20 each in Asdas so £4.80 for the 4. £3.80 cheaper!

6 mini Boursin 39p £1.90 in Tescos. £1.51 cheaper!

Listerine 1litre £3.99 £4.80 for half a litre in Tescos, so £5.61 cheaper!

Cathedral City cheese 2 for £5.00 £4 each in Tesco - £3.00 cheaper!

3x170g Carnation milk £1.69. 75p each Tescos so £2.25 for 3 56p cheaper!

Rustlers 2 pack £1.99 £2.50 Tescos £0.51 cheaper!

Castello cheese £1.25 Tescos £1.55 30p cheaper

Pomegranates 99p for 3 £1.25 each in Tescos, so £3.75 for 3, £2.76 cheaper

Dates 2 for a £1. Hard to compare but dates are £2.50 in Tescos I’m going to stuff them for Christmas

6 apples 39p. Cheapest in Tescos 99p, so 60p cheaper

Especially pleased with the Listerine because my son needs to use it regularly for a gum problem and it’s very expensive

1 Like

What’s a Rustlers Cheese Burger? The name says it all, I know.

I’ve seen it/them in Tescos, but never dared.

I guess it’s something like a Gingsters Cornish Pasty, absolute rubbish, the idea offering some comfort, but the reality offering disappointment.

Or maybe they are quite good (?)

1 Like

Artificial tomatoes in a tin … we’ve all been there.

1 Like

Pure junk food d00d, don’t do it!

My sons and husband like them though and there are happy faces when they raid the fridge and find I’ve left one in there for them :rofl:

Unless you do a George Egg, of course!

1 Like

I don’t get that, why artificial!

they don’t resemble, look, taste like erm tomatoes.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

That’s true! But they are great for sauces and stews. And they’re good for you

2 Likes

Bloody hell!
Thank you the Guardian…as if I don’t know my Guernsey Tom’s from my plumbs!
I can be handy with a a sprig or two of oregano should the need arise . Just as an aside, don’t skimp on the Malden salt, be lavish with the peppercorns .
What could possibly go wrong?

1 Like

My favourites do:

1 Like

Quite … :+1:

:tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

Mmmm, look really nice, thank you. I’ve never tried them but I do like Mutti pizza sauce

Yours are quite expensive though. £1.70 a tin on Ocado

I think I’ll get some for special and where you’ll notice them whole, like with pasta

But for sauces where they’d break up anyway, in stews, chillis, soups and currys, I’m sticking with my 25p a tin from Farmfoods!

1 Like

TBH, I wait until Mutti are on offer - the cherry tomatoes usually drop to £1.05.

With other brands/types there are sometimes too many “green bits” which I discard … but I eat all of a cherry tomato … :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like