Naomi Osaka, another nutcase

knitting ; knitting – have ya heard the noise of dozens of knitting needles make ??fgsm

Mental Health!!!

It’s enough to put some folks off their punnet of strawberries innit?

when I say I’m healthy that’s it right? all of me - no need to divided it all up like the sections of a tennis court - that’s what makes em ill imo

Its easy to take your eye off the ball and get consumed with the racket.

I agree, mental health is enough to drive you nuts.:wink:

Like physical health we all have it though and like physical health it
sometimes has a blip and causes some of us problems! :wink: :slight_smile:

“mental health” is the term used nowadays, I don’t like it, can’t explain why. They used to talk about “stress” a lot, for many years stress was the buzzword.

So … I know nothing about tennis other than the most interesting bloke was McEnroe. And even he was boring off court.

Naomi Osaka, I read it in The Guardian, has a point. A world class player who gets stressed because the last thing she wants to do after winning is blah blah blah to the cameras. I too would be worried about my mental health, can you imagine having that to look forward to? It’s not fair, tennis players globally must be thankful, relieved.

The bastard bigwigs need to rethink it.

I agree .
The girl doesn’t come across as a diva she just looks like she can’t cope with stuff.

I should imagine most people suffer poor mental health at some time in their life. Life is full or ups, downs, tragedies, fear, nightmares, fighting to survive, body dysmorphia, denial, disappointment, disaster, despair, the list goes on.
Most of us survive because our survival instincts kick in and these trials of life make some feel they need to face that demon to make them stronger and it usually does.

Of course not everyone can fight and they choose to take their own life but for the most part people are stronger than they even know.

I fear all this daily talk of mental health these days is I feel making todays generation weaker, they aren’t facing up to their problems, talking about it out loud doesn’t always cut it, you have to try overcome what it is that is bothering you. Go for help by all means, the help is there these days but as I see it there is a lot of moaning and whinging going on about how hard life is. Just shut up, it’s driving me insane which of course is doing nothing for my mental health LOL.

Tests and trials helps to develop our character.

Have a whinge now and then by all means but for goodness sakes all this woe is me these days is depressing. We have to fight to overcome, life is all about fighting to survive, perhaps it shouldn’t be like that but it is is.

Money plays a big part of a lot of mental health because it causes worry but for the most part we always survive somehow.

I’ll shut up now, I’m making my own mental health poorly by getting cross LOL

This girl is highly intelligent and extremely eloquent. Metal Health is an unfortunate turn of phrase.

She’s fighting against the tournament owners who own her, insisting she talks when sweaty and out of breath. I’d rather not see it.

I would prefer not to watch it either. They always ask the same questions and we are always given the same boring answers in broken English of course (because all the good players are foreign). ‘It was a tough match to be sure, he is a great player’ etc etc. Mind you I would do it if meant the difference between getting paid my 50K or not.

I agree we all have things we don’t like doing but we have to do them if we want to keep our jobs and live our lives. Unfortunately, tennis is just the latest area where the old ‘mental health’ question has crept in. She can’t speak in front of a camera for five minutes but is able to play in front of twenty thousand people.

Don’t you find it extremely tiresome, them post match interviews? Loads of cliches flying about from both parties, and all just a complete waste of time. You really dread at the end of a football match, the big pile of horseshit that looms up at you. :!::!::!:

As in Gary Liniker and Rio Ferdinand talking bollocks and getting obscene amounts of money to do so.

Yes, very tiresome. Listening to and looking at some sweaty-faced out-of-breath “athlete” spouting bollocks is a complete turn off for me.

The sooner they’re out of contract with the BBC, the better, as far as I’m concerned.

Just be the best, forgo the pay, and the media requirements, no probs.

Don’t really see why it’s an issue for someone to choose not to speak to the media. It could be resolved easily enough if either the media wrote down the questions it wants to ask and give the player an opportunity to voluntarily give a written or prepared verbal response. Failing that, the media could offer to pay players for their time.

Don’t really see it’s any business of the competition holders or tennis bodies what a player prefers to do.

Its because its not only about playing the game, its also about “Playing the Game”.

They would need two sets of questions and answers depending on how the match played out. :lol:

Which is what she has done.

On the face of it.