Naomi Osaka, another nutcase

Tennis player, Naomi Osaka will not take questions from the media at the French Open, citing the impact of news conferences on the mental health of players.

“I’ve often felt that people have no regard for athletes’ mental health and this rings true whenever I see a press conference or partake in one,”

Grand Slam rules state players can be fined up to $20,000 (£14,160) for failing to meet their media obligations.

Perhaps she should just sit at home then there would be no media attention at all. :wink:

This is just an overpaid sports person who cannot stand criticism, serve her right if media refuse to interview her.

She’ll get payed double after saying that.

… with loads of concern from the wimpy ‘mental health’ sympathisers.

Ashleigh Barty never seems to have a problem facing the media. She always conducts herself in a dignified and sporting way and she never fails to make us proud. Many of her peers have called her one of the sanest people in tennis. She is world number 1 but it hasn’t affected her one little bit. She is no show pony. She also happens to be Naomi’s hit up partner. Maybe she can change her mind. It does sound a bit precious on Naomi’s part.

I asgree Keezoy =- how ya goin mate and how’s ya son?

Just because a person is brilliant at sport, don’t mean they don’t experience Social Anxiety Disorder.

Or pretend to of course.

Refusing to give interviews only increases the media interest.

Part and parcel of being a professional sports person.

Youtube has shown us the real creme de la creme, who will never allow a microphone to be shoved in their faces, just to show the presonalities what’s what.

That turned out to be an expensive (£10,000 approx.) refusal to speak to the media,
according to this news report:

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-30/naomi-osaka-fined-10k-and-threatened-with-french-open-expulsion-for-media-boycott

"As a sport, there is nothing more important than ensuring no player has an unfair advantage over another, which unfortunately is the case in this situation if one player refuses to dedicate time to participate in media commitments while the others all honour their commitments.

Interpret that statement as we can help if there is a real problem, but if not then you risk not competing. Will not do much for her mental health or her game.

Osaka should try working in the real World with all the disappointments and ‘kicking when down’ it brings.

You know about that and how it feels LD, the same as I do too. That’s how our age group were brought up, the hard way. Today though, youngsters are brought up and taught in school that there are no losers, only winners. They then have an attitude that doesn’t allow them to know the truth that there are winners so there will always be losers. That is where their troubles can start, it’s probably not very easy to have to realise and admit to something that is the truth but that has never been taught to you! :wink: :frowning:

You are right Baz, I suppose that’s why lots of them say they are mental because they have not been taught how to cope with the downsides to life. Mind you, Tennis players do seem to be particularly arrogant for some reason - ‘Daddy’s got a Porche’ :lol:

I meant ‘Porsche’ not ‘Porche’. :lol:

Go Girl.

Keep challenging, as long as the system allows.

“we dont want no education” - just another ball in the net!!

All the major tournaments have threatened to ban her now, so let’s see what happens. :wink:

Yes, lets see, to be good at something should not have to include good public communication skills, not enough information yet, to speak on behalf of the Bird.:slight_smile: