N G S (national gardening scheme)

Is anyone a member of this national organisation, i have had the assessors from the organisation here today and have been accepted to go in their book to have open days for the public to visit for a small fee which then goes to various charities

2 Likes

Oooohhh! Well done Mr Macy, congratulations! I havenā€™t heard of them at all, but it sounds like a wonderful thing to be part of! :hugs:

Are you doing mates rates? :wink:

runs away

1 Like

just looking at their website Pix they donā€™t do Scotland, maybe the reputation of tight scotspeople

I knowā€¦I had a peek at it! Very very disappointing - and they have the cheek to call themselves National!! :open_mouth: And we scots like to show off our gardens just as much as anyone else Iā€™ll have you know! AND give to charity!

Well done Macy, thatā€™s quite an accolade. :innocent:

knowā€¦I had a peek at it! Very very disappointing - and they have the cheek to call themselves National!! :open_mouth: And we scots like to show off our gardens just as much as anyone else Iā€™ll have you know! AND give to charity!

Yes, Pixie, here in Ayrshire there are a few opportunities to visit gardens, all donating money to charities.

1 Like

Sounds like anuvver of those charity things where the charity supports the admin Macy??
Iā€™d keep out of it if l were you, you might end up supporting immigration ?? :grin::grin:

Donkeyman! :-1::-1:

You mean like regular peoples gardens, LT, not ā€œproperā€ gardens like National Trust ones?

@macywack
Thatā€™s amazing Macy :astonished: well done though having seen pictures of your garden it is no surprise.
I have been to a number of ā€˜gardens openā€™ over the years always a pleasure

thanks for your replies. We have spent a few days with people who have been involved with NGS and found answers we didnā€™t get from the assessors, we will have carefull thoughts over the next few days as to what we will do

thought i would bring this thread up again. We have spent quite a few weeks going to gardens on the NGS list and talking to the people who do them. It appears the administration (on line) and the cost of setting yourself up (imagine 100 people wanting teas and coffees and cake) a bit unbearable for a couple of old codgers like us, so we have turned down the offer to join the scheme, but will still have open days for local gardening groups (like U3A)

1 Like

Gosh that does sound quite involved, doesnā€™t it?! I imagined it would be a simple case of letting people wander about admiring your garden - not having to feed them all as well! Jeezā€¦no ta. :roll_eyes: Keep life simple, I agree. A few friends, bring your own snack & drinks, and just relax! :+1: